Pumpkin Cream Pie is such an easy dessert. This No Bake Pumpkin Pie is made with a graham cracker crust filled with a creamy pumpkin pie filling topped with a crunchy brown sugar, graham cracker topping. Easy pumpkin pie recipes save the day when it comes to Holiday baking and preparations.
Pumpkin Cream Pie with a Graham Cracker Crust is such a simple and delicious dessert to make. Who doesn’t want easy when it comes to making pie. One bite of this pie and my daughter said she liked it better than regular pumpkin pie….now you know it must be good if a kid said it!! 😊
This pumpkin cream pie is also super easy to make ahead to help take a little stress from the big day of baking and cooking.
How to make Pumpkin Cream Pie
To make this simple no bake pie we are going to start from the bottom up, so first thing is the graham cracker pie crust
How to make Graham Cracker Pie Crust
- Pulse graham crackers in a food processor until fine crumbs are made. If you don’t have a food processor you can place the graham crackers into a zip top bag and roll with a rolling pin or crumble with your hands until into a fine crumb.
- Place the crumbs into a bowl and combine with the brown sugar, spices and melted butter. Stir until the crumbs are all coated in butter.
- Press the graham cracker crust into the bottom of a greased baking dish.
- At this point there are two options, you can bake the graham cracker crust in a 350º F oven for 10 minutes, until golden brown. Or place in the freezer while you prepare the pumpkin pie filling. I prefer to bake the crust as it gives it more of a crunch.
How to make Pumpkin Cream Pie Filling
- The first step is to take the heavy cream and half of the powdered sugar.
- Beat with a hand mixer or a stand mixer until stiff peaks form in the cream. Set aside until ready to fold in.
Next, place the softened cream cheese into a mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer or stand mixer until smooth. Add in the pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, remaining powdered sugar and vanilla.
Mix until smooth and no lumps remain.
Once the cream cheese mixture is nice and smooth. Fold back in the whipped cream. Do this with a spatula by scrapping down the sides and folding toward the center of the bowl. Do not over mix, you don’t want your cream to deflate.
Spread the pumpkin cream pie filling into the prepared graham cracker crust. Evenly spread the filling into the bottom of the pie pan by smoothing out with a rubber spatula or an offset spatula. You might need to press the filling down a little as you spread to make sure there are no air gaps around the edges.
Place the pie in the freezer for 3 hours or in the refrigerator for 5 hours, or overnight before serving. Store any leftovers in the refrigerator.
Just before serving make the graham cracker topping (if using). To make the graham cracker topping, roughly crush up graham crackers.
Melt butter in a pan over medium heat. Add in the graham crackers and brown sugar. Stir until crisp and golden brown.
Crumble desired amount of crumbs over the top of the pie.
Pumpkin Cream Pie Recipe
If you are looking for other Family Friendly meals or desserts follow along with me on YouTube or Facebook where I share simple recipes to help you with Feeding Your Fam! Make sure to subscribe so you will be notified each time I post a new video!
Tried it and just loved it? Leave me a rating! I would love to hear how it turned out for you! Or even snap a photo and tag me on Instagram @feedingyourfam or #feedingyourfam so I can see what you made!
Pumpkin Cream Pie
Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 cup graham crackers, about 10 crackers finely crushed
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
Pumpkin Cream Filling
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
Graham Cracker Topping
- 1/2 cup graham crackers, coarsely crushed
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
Graham Cracker Crust
- Crush the graham crackers in a food processor until finely crushed. Add in the melted butter and pumpkin pie spice.
- Press into a greased 9 inch pie pan.
- If baking, heat oven to 350º F and bake for 10 minutes, cool completely before filling. If not baking, place the crust in the freezer for 10-15 minutes.
Pumpkin Cream Pie Filling
- In a mixing bowl, combine the heavy cream and half of the powdered sugar. Beat the cream and powdered sugar until firm peaks are formed. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add in the pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla and remaining powdered sugar.
- Mix until smooth.
- Fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture with a spatula, scrapping the sides and folding to the center. Try not to over mix so the cream won't deflate.
- Spread evenly into the prepared graham cracker crust. Place in the freezer for 3 hours or in the refrigerator for 5 hours or overnight.
Graham Cracker Topping
- Roughly crumble the graham crackers.
- Melt the butter in a pan over medium heat. Add in the graham cracker crumbs and brown sugar. Cook and stir until golden brown. Allow to cool before topping the pie.
- Keep the pie chilled in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Serve with whipped cream
Can Pumpkin Cream Pie be made ahead?
This Pumpkin Cream Pie can be made ahead. You can make it up to 3 months in advance of when you need it. Make the pie as directed in the recipe. Once it has chilled completely, gently cover with plastic wrap and place, without the topping, in the freezer. Take out and place in the refrigerator 2 days before serving to give it time to thaw.
This no bake pumpkin pie can also be made 3 days in advance and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Top with the graham cracker topping just before serving.