Deviled Eggs are hard boiled eggs that have been split in half, the yolk removed and mixed with Miracle Whip (or Mayonnaise), Mustard, Apple Cider Vinegar, Celery Seeds, Salt, Black Pepper and Paprika. Deviled Eggs are a delicious appetizer or side dish, a classic recipe for all the family get togethers.
This Deviled Eggs Recipe is so simple, comes together quick and is always a major crowd pleaser. This recipe for deviled eggs uses ingredients you most likely already have in your home. Serve these Deviled Eggs as a simple appetizer for Holiday parties or even at a neighborhood gathering, they will be the first thing to go, you will always come home with an empty platter.
Ingredients for the Best Deviled Eggs
To make this simple deviled egg recipe you will need the following simple ingredients:
- Eggs– this recipe uses six hard boiled eggs. The eggs can either be boiled in water for 15 minutes, or follow my simple recipe for making hard boiled eggs in an air fryer.
- Mayonnaise or Miracle Whip: either will work in this recipe. Our fam prefers Miracle Whip…that tangy zip!!
- Apple Cider Vinegar– adds a little acidity to this recipe without an overwhelming flavor
- Mustard– just a classic yellow mustard iswhat I always use in this recipe
- Salt and Black Pepper
- Celery Seeds– these are totally optional, but they add a very mild flavor and texture.
- Paprika– the finishing ingredient. Sprinkle a little over the top of the stuffed egg whites to add flavor and color
How to make Deviled Eggs
First you will need to make hard boiled eggs. Place the eggs in a pan over medium heat, bring the water to a boil. As soon as the water is boiling, turn the heat down to low and set a timer for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, remove the pan from the heat and plunge into a bowl full of ice water for another 15-20 minutes.
Remove the shell from the eggs and slice in half. Place the yolk of the eggs into a mixing bowl.
Add in the mayonnaise, mustard, apple cider vinegar, salt, black pepper and celery seed. Mash the ingredients together using a fork or the back of a spoon, until they are smooth and well combined. Scoop the deviled egg filling into the cleaned out egg whites using two spoons or you can place the mixture into a piping bag and pipe into the egg whites.
Once the egg whites are filled with the yolk filling, sprinkle the eggs with the paprika. Serve the eggs immediately, or keep covered and chilled until ready to serve.
Can you make Deviled Eggs Ahead?
You can make deviled eggs ahead of when you need them. These can be made 2 days in in advance. If you are making these ahead, keep the yolk mixture and the whites separate until you are ready to serve. Store the egg whites in an air tight container and the egg yolk mixture can be stored in a zip top bag.
When you are ready to make these, simply cut a corner of the zip top bag and squeeze the yolk mixture into the egg whites and top with paprika.
How to Store Deviled Eggs
Any leftover deviled eggs, or deviled eggs you are waiting to serve should always be stored in the refrigerator or kept chilled. Store them in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
Deviled Eggs Recipe
If you are looking for other Family Friendly meals or desserts follow along with me on YouTube or Facebook where I share simple recipes to help you with Feeding Your Fam! Make sure to subscribe so you will be notified each time I post a new video!
Tried it and just loved it? Leave me a rating! I would love to hear how it turned out for you! Or even snap a photo and tag me on Instagram @feedingyourfam or #feedingyourfam so I can see what you made!
Deviled Eggs Recipe
- 6 hard boiled eggs
- 1/4 c mayonnaise
- 1 tsp yellow mustard
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp salt (or to taste)
- dash of black pepper
- 1/8 tsp celery seeds
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- Remove the shell from the hard boiled eggs. Slice the eggs in half and remove the yolk from the whites
- Place the yolks into a mixing bowl and add the mayonnaise, mustard, apple cider vinegar, salt, black pepper and celery seeds
- Mash together the ingredients until smooth.
- Spoon the mixture into the clean egg whites. Sprinkle with paprika
- Serve immediately or keep chilled until ready to serve
Deviled Eggs are hard boiled eggs that have been split in half, the yolk removed and mixed with Miracle Whip (or Mayonnaise), Mustard, Apple Cider Vinegar, Celery Seeds, Salt, Black Pepper and Paprika. Perfect as a simple appetizer for all of your family gatherings.