Pecan Pie Bars Recipe
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
These simple Pecan Pie Squares are the perfect Holiday treat!! Sometimes all you want after a big meal is just a little treat, not a whole piece of pie.I love to make these when we are heading to a party because they make a large pan size and work great for serving a crowd. I think you will be surprised how easy this pecan pie bar recipe is to make and how quickly they are eaten!
Ingredients for Pecan Pie Bars
This is not a complicated recipe and comes together easily with just a few ingredients:
- Light Corn Syrup
- Brown Sugar
- Pecans, chopped
How to make Pecan Pie Bars
To make this simple pecan pie bars recipe start by getting your oven heating up to 350ºF. Prepare a 15 x 10 x 1 inch baking sheet by spraying with cooking spray.
Pecan Pie Bar Crust
To make the crust, in a medium mixing bowl combine the flour, cold butter, salt and sugar. Cut the butter into the flour using a pastry cutter or two knives. Continue cutting the butter into the flour until a small crumb mixture is formed. Crust will be dry.
Press the crust into the bottom of the prepared baking dish, making sure that the crust is even. Bake the crust for 20 minutes and remove from the oven.
Pecan Pie Bar Filling
To make the filling for this pecan pie bar recipe, in a medium sized mixing bowl combine the eggs, sugar, brown sugar, light corn syrup, melted butter and vanilla. Whisk together until smooth. Fold in the chopped pecans. Pour into the cooked crust. Bake for an additional 20-25 minutes, until filling is cooked through.
Pecan Pie Bars Recipe
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup butter, unsalted
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp sugar
Pie Filling Ingredients
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease a 15 X 10 X 1 inch baking dish
- In a mixing bowl combine the flour, softened butter, salt and sugar. With a pastry cutter, cut the butter into the flour mixture until small crumbs are formed. The dough will be dry. (If you don't have a pastry cutter, you can use two butter knives or forks)
- Press the dough into the bottom of a 15 X 10 inch baking sheet. Make sure the crust is even in the pan. Bake the crust for 20 minutes and remove from the oven.
Pie Filling Instructions
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine the eggs, sugars, corn syrup, vanilla and butter. Mix until smooth.
- Fold in the pecans and pour over the top of the cooked crust.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes, until the filling has cooked through. Remove from the oven and allow to cool before slicing into squares.
How to store Pecan Pie Bars
Allow the pecan pie bars to come to room temperature. They can be left out the day of serving, but if you are going to make these ahead, or keep them longer, they should be stored in the fridge in an air tight container. These will be good for up to two days in the refrigerator.
This Pecan Pie Bars Recipe is a layer of delicious shortbread crust topped with a soft caramel pecan topping. Perfect for Holidays or just when you want a simple dessert to feed a crowd.
Other simple Holiday dessert recipes: