This Coconut Lime Chicken is simple and so flavorful!! I am game for any meal done in under 30 minutes. This is delicious served over rice or even pasta.
Coconut Lime Chicken
Only a few simple ingredients are needed to make this easy dish! Chicken that has been cut into bite sized cubes, coconut milk, limes, garlic and cilantro.
I like to start cooking my rice or pasta before the chicken so everything gets done at the same time. This tastes like an exotic dish you would order at a restaurant, but you won’t believe how easy it is to make.
How to Cook Coconut Chicken
Start by browning the chicken in a large skillet that has been heated with a few tablespoons of Olive Oil. Once the chicken is cooked on all sides add in the garlic and cook until fragrant.
It is time to pour in the coconut milk and lime juice, now stand over the pan taking in all the delicious smells as all this goodness simmers. The coconut milk will begin to thicken after about 10-12 minutes. Remove the skillet from the heat and add in the chopped cilantro, or don’t if you aren’t a cilantro fan.
Chicken with Coconut and Lime
I hope your fam loves this simple Coconut and Lime Chicken! This is one of those meals we keep coming back to because we just love it!! It is creamy, rich and filling! Let me know if you give this recipe a try, I would love to know what your fam thinks!!
Coconut Lime Chicken
- 2 lbs Chicken
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1 13.5 oz can Coconut Milk
- 2 Limes
- 1/4 cup Chopped Cilantro
- 3 cups Cooked Rice
- 1 tsp Salt
- Cook rice according to package instructions, plan for 1/2 cup per person.
- Trim and cut chicken into 1 inch cubes. Mince garlic cloves with a sharp knife by crushing with side of knife and then dicing.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Brown chicken on all sides and season with salt as it cooks. Once chicken has browned add in garlic and cook an additional 2-3 minutes until fragrant.
- Pour in coconut milk and the juice of 2 limes. Bring to a boil and then turn down the heat and allow to simmer for an additional 10-15 minutes until coconut milk thickens.
- Serve warm over rice or pasta with chopped cilantro.