Country Style Ribs is such a simple and easy-to-make dinner recipe. Boneless pork ribs cooked in the oven are a perfect meal for a busy weeknight when you need an easy meal with little fuss. Full of so much flavor from the sauce, pineapples and red peppers; this pork rib recipe is sure to impress the whole fam.
Boneless Country Style Pork Ribs
We love this recipe for Country Style Pork Ribs because the meat comes out so fall-apart tender and full of flavor. This recipe is easy to make and country style pork ribs are so inexpensive to make, so this is a cheap dinner that feels so fancy.
Country style pork ribs are cut from the shoulder and are generally sold boneless. This cut of pork is really full of so much flavor and when cooked low and slow become super tender and delicious.
How to Cook Country Style Ribs in the Oven
Start by seasoning the boneless pork ribs with salt and black pepper then browning the meat in the bottom of a heavy, oven safe pan. I like to use my cast iron pot for recipes that need to be roasted in the oven.
Brown the meat on all sides over medium high heat in a neutral oil like avocado oil, grape seed oil or canola oil. This will just take about one minute per side, don’t try to cook them at this point, just add a little brown on the outside.
Remove the ribs from the pan to a clean plate and add in the sliced onions and red peppers. Cook and stir for about 30 seconds, just to get them slightly softened. Leave the in the pan at this point while you add in the rest of the ingredients.
Pour the barbecue sauce and canned pineapple with its juices into the pot and stir to combine.
Add the ribs back into the pan with the sauce and veggies.
Cover the pan with a lid and cook in an oven set to 350º F. Cook the country style ribs for 1 hour.
After 1 hour, remove the lid of the pan and continue to cook the country style ribs for an additional 15-20 minutes, until the sauce reduces a little and becomes thicker.
The sauce becomes like a delicious sweet and sour sauce that is so yummy with these pork ribs. We like to eat these ribs over baked potatoes, on their own or even over some fluffy rice.
Ingredients for Oven Baked Country Style Ribs
You are going to love how delicious this recipe tastes, but also how simple it is to make with just a few easy ingredients. This recipe comes together fast, then just let the oven do the rest of the work. To make this easy dinner recipe you will need:
- boneless country style pork ribs– small, thick pieces of pork that are perfect for cooking low and slow
- yellow onion– sliced into thin strips, a white or red onion can be substituted.
- red bell pepper– this pepper already has a bit of a sweet flavor so it is perfect with this pork recipe
- can of pineapple chunks– keep the juice for this recipe
- barbecue sauce– your favorite will work, I love this Everything BBQ Sauce from Hey Grill Hey.
Full ingredient measurements and recipe instructions can be found in the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
What to Serve with Baked Country Style Ribs:
Country Style Ribs Recipe
If you are looking for other Family Friendly meals or desserts follow along with me on YouTube or Facebook where I share simple recipes to help you with Feeding Your Fam! Make sure to subscribe so you will be notified each time I post a new video!
⭐️ ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️Tried it and just loved it? Leave me a rating! I would love to hear how it turned out for you! Or even snap a photo and tag me on Instagram @feedingyourfam or #feedingyourfam so I can see what you made!
Country Style Ribs Recipe
- 4 pounds country style pork ribs boneless
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil or other neutral oil
- 1 yellow onion sliced into strips
- 1 red bell pepper sliced into strips
- 1 pineapple chunks 20 ounce can
- 1 1/2 cups barbecue sauce
- Preheat oven to 350º F
- Season ribs on all sides with salt and black pepper
- Heat oil in an oven safe pot or dutch oven over medium high heat. Brown ribs on all sides, about 1 minute per side. Cook in batches if needed.
- Remove ribs from the pot and add in the onion and peppers. Add more oil if needed. Cook and stir the onion and pepper until just tender, about 30 seconds.
- Pour pineapples with juices and barbecue sauce into the pot, stir to combine.
- Add the ribs back into the pot. Place the lid on and cook in the oven for 1 hour. After 1 hour, remove the lid and cook for an additional 15 minutes.
- Serve over baked or mashed potatoes, rice or on their own.
- Nutrition facts are just an estimate
- Leftovers? Pork ribs will stay good in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days, or this recipe can be frozen for up to 3 months.
- If your purchased ribs have bones, they can be cooked with the bones, or use a sharp knife to remove the bone