Egg Roll Up
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Egg Roll Ups are a super simple and delicious breakfast option. These egg roll ups are so easy to customize with your favorite ingredients or keep it simple with just a little ham and cheese. These are a perfect way to start the day with a flavorful, protein packed breakfast.
Looking for other tasty breakfast ideas? Check out my recipes for Breakfast Burritos, Hash brown Breakfast Casserole or Ham and Cheese Frittata
Ham and Cheese Egg Roll Up
There are so many reasons to love this recipe! It is so easy to make, you can make a bunch and freeze for later and you can totally make these to your liking. We love to make these with a little ham, cheese and spinach, but they would be so delicious with some green peppers, onions, bacon, green chiles and even a little hot sauce.
Egg roll ups also cook up really quick for those crazy mornings when you just don’t have time to sit down for breakfast. Just cook one up in a few minutes and it can travel with you.
Ingredients Needed to Make Egg Roll Ups
When I say you only need a few ingredients to make this simple egg recipe, I mean it! To make this recipe you will just need some eggs (obviously), tortillas and then whatever mix ins you want.
Some of our favorite things to put into these egg rolls ups are:
- diced ham
- bacon bits
- cheese of any flavor
- vegetables like; spinach, kale, bell peppers, tomatoes, mushrooms, onions etc.
Full ingredient measurements and recipe instructions can be found in the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
How to Make Easy Egg Roll Ups
First, start by beating the two eggs in a mixing bowl until they are fluffy. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
Next, add in your favorite ingredients. For this recipe we are using spinach, diced ham and colby jack cheese. Mix the ingredients into the beaten eggs.
Melt some butter or cooking oil in an 10 inch skillet over medium heat. Pour in the eggs and cook for just about 30 seconds, pushing the cooked eggs around toward the center to allow some of the uncooked eggs to spread to the bottom of the pan, just like when cooking scrambled eggs.
Next, place a tortilla shell on top of the uncooked egg mixture. Flip the egg over so the tortilla is now on the bottom of the pan.
The eggs will continue to cook and the tortilla will get warm and crisp.
Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes, until the eggs are cooked through and the tortilla is browned.
At this point, you could also add in some fresh salsa or even sour cream to make this more of a breakfast burrito.
Remove from the pan and carefully roll the egg roll up from one end to the other. It will be hot so handle with care!
To freeze these for future use, roll up the cooled egg roll up and wrap in plastic wrap, then foil. Place into the freezer for up to 3 months. To reheat, remove the foil and microwave for 1-2 minutes, until heated through.
Egg Roll Up Recipe
If you are looking for other Family Friendly meals or desserts follow along with me on YouTube or Facebook where I share simple recipes to help you with Feeding Your Fam! Make sure to subscribe so you will be notified each time I post a new video!
⭐️ ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️Tried it and just loved it? Leave me a rating! I would love to hear how it turned out for you! Or even snap a photo and tag me on Instagram @feedingyourfam or #feedingyourfam so I can see what you made!
Other Easy Breakfasts We Love:
Egg Roll Up
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons spinach chopped
- 2 tablespoons ham diced
- 3 tablespoons colby jack cheese shredded
- 2 teaspoons butter or oil for pan
- dash salt
- dash black pepper
- 1 soft flour tortilla 8 inch
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs until fluffy. Season with salt and black pepper and mix to combine.
- Add the spinach, ham and cheese to the bowl with the eggs and stir to combine
- Place a skillet over medium heat and add butter/oil to the bottom of the pan
- Pour in the egg mixture and cook for 30 seconds.
- Use a spatula to pull the cooked eggs from the edges of the pan toward the center allowing some of the uncooked eggs to run toward the edges
- Place the tortilla over the top of the eggs. Carefully flip the egg roll over so the tortilla is on the bottom
- Cook for an additional 1 minute to allow the eggs to fully cook. Remove from the pan and carefully roll from one end to the other.
- Nutrition facts are just an estimate