Scrambled Eggs are so easy to make. This scrambled eggs recipe makes fluffy, soft eggs every time. This recipe is a staple around our house for breakfast, lunch or dinner!
What you need to make scrambled eggs
- Water– this is the secret to fluffy eggs. A little bit of cold water mixed in with the eggs makes them soft and not dried out.
- Butter– adds so much flavor and helps the eggs not stick to the pan when cooking.
- Salt and Pepper– season to your liking
Steps to make good scrambled eggs
Start by cracking and opening the eggs into a mixing bowl. I generally plan 1 1/2 to 2 eggs per person. Add the cold water, salt and pepper to the bowl with the eggs. Use a fork or a whisk to break the yolks and mix the eggs. Continue whisking the eggs until they are yellow and bubbly.
Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. You don’t want to cook the eggs over too high of heat, eggs come out soft and fluffy if the are cook low and slow.
Once your pan is hot and the butter has melted, pour your whisked eggs into the pan.
Let the eggs heat up in the pan for a minute or two, as soon as you see the edges of the eggs start to bubble and cook, start scrapping the cooked eggs from the bottom of the pan using a spatula or wooden spoon. Continue scrapping your spatula across the bottom and edges of the pan as the eggs continue to cook. This will break up the eggs giving them that ‘scrambled look’!
As soon as all the eggs are cooked and there are no more runny parts, remove the eggs from the heat and serve warm. Do not over cook the eggs, or they will become rubbery.
Scrambled Egg Recipe
- 6 eggs
- 1 tsp salt, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tbsp butter
- In a mixing bowl, crack the eggs. Add the water, salt and pepper. Using a fork or whisk, break the yolks of the eggs and whisk until yellow and bubbly.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Pour the eggs into the skillet and wait a minute until the eggs begin to cook around the eggs.
- Using a spatula or wooden spoon scrape the edges and bottom of the pan to pull up the cooked eggs. Continue scrapping the bottom and edges until all the eggs are cooked. Remove from the heat and serve immediately.