This Raspberry Balsamic Glazed Chicken is layers of sweet and savory flavors. Just a few simple ingredients make this a flavorful and simple meal!
We are in love with this easy Raspberry Balsamic Chicken! Get this awesome recipe ready and on the table in under 20 minutes. We love to serve it over rice with a side of broccoli or asparagus. Weeknights can be so crazy with all of our kids’ activities, parent meetings, walking the dog…..and so much more!! Easy meals like this one are a lifesaver!!
How to make Raspberry Balsamic Chicken
I’ll try to make this short and sweet, just like this recipe!! You just need 8 simple ingredients, things you probably already have in your pantry, cupboards and refrigerator!! You’ve got this…let’s get started.
- Start by trimming and preparing the chicken. Season with salt and pepper
- In a cast iron skillet or saute pan over medium heat, add olive oil and allow to heat up until it moves easily in the pan. Add in the seasoned chicken and cook on both side for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan add in another tablespoon of olive oil and saute the chopped onion until transparent.
- Combine the balsamic vinegar and raspberry preserves.
- Pour into the skillet and deglaze the bottom of the pan by scrapping with a wooden spoon
- Simmer the sauce until it thickens a little and add back in the chicken.
- Cook for another 3-5 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through (165ºF internal temperature)
- Add the basil and serve!
Ingredients Needed for Balsamic Chicken
All you need to make this chicken are the following simple ingredients, go take a look around, you’ve most likely already got these. What you will need for the Raspberry Balsamic Chicken Recipe is the following:
- chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- chopped onion
- balsamic vinegar
- raspberry preserves
- fresh basil leaves
Raspberry Balsamic Chicken Recipe
Raspberry Balsamic Chicken
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- black pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup raspberry preserves
- 3 tbsp fresh basil, sliced
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat up 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Cook the chicken breasts for 3-4 minutes on each side until cooked through.
- Remove the chicken from the pan. Add in the last tablespoon of olive oil and saute chopped onions until transparent.
- Combine the balsamic vinegar and raspberry preserves. Pour into the pan with the onions. Using a wooden spoon deglaze the bottom of the pan.
- Simmer the balsamic and raspberry for 3-5 minutes until thickened.
- Add back in the chicken and cook it to 165ºF. Sprinkle with fresh basil and serve.
Other 30 Minute Dinner Ideas:
- Easy Grilled Lemon Garlic Chicken Kabobs
- Chicken Foil Dinner
- Spinach Ricotta Pasta
- Pan Seared Pork Chops with Pears