Bust out the slow cooker for this simple and delicious Taco Soup Recipe. This is a simple, stress-free meal idea that anyone can whip up in just a matter of minutes. Minimum effort with maximum taste, taco soup is your ticket to the perfect family dinner.
Slow Cooker Recipes
Making this taco soup in the slow cooker is just a dream!! It takes just a few minutes to get this soup ready and then just let the slow cooker do all the work. Our family loves this dinner because it is so hearty and filling. We like to top it with our favorite taco toppings like cheese, sour cream, avocado, salsa, and cilantro.
Slow Cooker Taco Soup Recipe
These are the ingredients that you will need to make this simple soup recipe:
- Ground beef: 90/10 is the beef-to-fat percentage I prefer to use for this recipe.
- Onion: yellow or white onion chopped
- Beans: for this recipe I use pinto, black, and dark red kidney beans
- Crushed tomatoes and tomato sauce
- Corn: canned sweet corn with the water from the can
- Diced green chiles
How to make Taco Soup in Slow Cooker
- Prepare the beef: cook the ground beef and onion in a skillet over medium-high heat. Drain off any excess grease after cooking.
- Slow Cooker: Add the beef and cooked onions to the slow cooker
- Combine ingredients: Add the remaining ingredients to the slow cooker pot and stir to combine.
- Slow Cooker Magic: Once all of the ingredients are mixed and combined in the slow cooker, the magic happens. Place the lid on the slow cooker and let it cook for at least 3 hours on high heat.
What to Serve with Taco Soup:
If you are looking for other Family Friendly meals or desserts follow along with me on YouTube or Facebook where I share simple recipes to help you with Feeding Your Fam! Make sure to subscribe so you will be notified when a new recipe is shared.
Slow Cooker Taco Soup
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 15.25 ounce can black beans undrained
- 1 15 ounce can pinto beans undrained
- 1 15.5 ounce can dark red kidney beans undrained
- 1 15 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 4 ounce can diced green chilies
- 1 15 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 15 ounce can corn undrained
- In a skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef with the onions.
- Drain and remove any fat and pour into a slow cooker (at least 4 quarts).
- Add in the taco seasoning, black beans, pinto beans, kidney beans, crushed tomatoes, green chiles, tomato sauce and corn. Stir to combine.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3 hours. Stir occasionally if needed.
- Serve with tortilla chips, cilantro, cheese, sour cream, limes and salsa.
- Nutrition facts are just an estimate
- This soup can be frozen, place into an air tight container or zip-top bag and freeze for up to 3 months.