This easy recipe for Strawberry Cream Cheese French Toast is bread pieces covered in a French toast egg mixture and dotted with delicious strawberries and cream cheese. Every bite is a treat. This Strawberry French Toast recipe can be made the same day and is perfect for breakfast, brunch or a perfect Holiday recipe.
This Strawberry French Toast Bake is so easy to make and does not require it to sit overnight before baking. This recipe can be made right when you need it and popped in the oven to bake. I think you will love how quickly this comes together and how much everyone will love this delicious, indulgent breakfast casserole. Drizzle with maple syrup, fruit syrup or a simple frosting.
Ingredients for Strawberry Cream Cheese French Toast
Just a few simple, pantry basic ingredients is all that you will need to make this breakfast magic happen! Your family and guests will just devour this fruity breakfast dish! To make this French Toast Casserole you will need:
- Bread– I prefer to use a brioche loaf, but I have also made this with plain old white sandwich bread as well. Other options are; French bread or even challah bread.
- evaporated milk– this just adds so much creaminess to this dish
- cream cheese
Tips and Steps to make French Toast Casserole
Start by slicing, 10-12 slices, of bread into 1 inch pieces and set aside while you prepare the egg mixture.
For the egg mixture, combine the eggs, evaporated milk, milk, cinnamon, sugar, vanilla, salt and melted butter into a mixing bowl. Whisk together until well combined.
Add the sliced bread pieces to the egg mixture and fold and stir until all of the bread is covered and soaking up the egg mixture.
Slice up 3 cups of strawberries and cut up cold cream cheese into small pieces.
Prepare a 9 x 13 inch baking dish by spraying with cooking spray, then you are ready to start making your breakfast casserole.
Now that the pan is ready and everything is mixed together, lets start assembling the casserole.
First, pour half of the bread and egg mixture into the bottom of the pan. Top with a layer of cream cheese and strawberry slices.
Add the remaining bread mixture on top and pour out any remaining egg mixture over the casserole.
Place more sliced strawberries and cream cheese all over the top of the casserole and place in the oven to bake!
How to know when French Toast Casserole is done
This casserole will bake for 45-50 minutes. You will know your casserole is done when it is golden and some pieces are crisp on top.
The casserole can be just a little bit wiggle in the center, that is fine. It just creates a delicious, custard like texture that is so good in this casserole. The edges should also begin to pull away from the sides of the dish.
Can I make this Strawberry French Toast Casserole ahead?
I would not advise making this casserole ahead since it contains sliced strawberries and they can become kind of gross if left to sit in the egg mixture.
You can, however, make some of the other steps ahead and then just combine before baking. You can make the egg and bread mixture the night before as well as slicing all of the strawberries and cream cheese, then just throw it all into the pan and bake.
Can this French Toast bake be frozen?
This recipe can be baked and then frozen. To freeze, bake as directed and allow to cool completely. cover with a layer of plastic wrap and then foil. Freeze for up to 3 month.
To reheat, place a piece of foil over the casserole and bake at 350º F for about 1 hour, remove the foil and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
How to Store leftovers
If you have any leftovers of this breakfast casserole, store in an air tight container for 1-2 days. Reheat individual portions in the microwave or air fryer until heated through.
Strawberry Cream Cheese French Toast Recipe
If you are looking for other Family Friendly meals or desserts follow along with me on YouTube or Facebook where I share simple recipes to help you with Feeding Your Fam! Make sure to subscribe so you will be notified each time I post a new video!
⭐️ ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️Tried it and just loved it? Leave me a rating! I would love to hear how it turned out for you! Or even snap a photo and tag me on Instagram @feedingyourfam or #feedingyourfam so I can see what you made!
Strawberry Cream Cheese French Toast Bake
- 10-12 slices brioche bread
- 4 eggs
- 1 12 oz can evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups strawberries sliced
- 8 ounces cream cheese diced into small pieces
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- t teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350º F and prepare a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with cooking spray
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together eggs, evaporated milk, milk, butter, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and salt.
- Add in the bread and fold until covered in the egg mixture.
- Pour half of the bread mixture into the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Add a layer of the sliced strawberries and cream cheese pieces.
- Pour the remaining bread and egg mixture on top and layer on the strawberries and cream cheese.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, until golden brown on top. Allow to cool for 10-15 minutes before serving.
- Whisk together the powdered sugar, milk and vanilla until smooth.
- Drizzle over warm french toast casserole as desired.
- 3 cups of strawberries is about one pound
- store any leftovers in an air tight container for 1-2 days in the refrigerator
- Nutrition facts are just an estimate
This easy recipe for Strawberry Cream Cheese French Toast is bread pieces covered in a French toast egg mixture and dotted with delicious strawberries and cream cheese.