Look no further for a simple, delicious, filling dinner that the whole fam is going to devour. Chicken Crescent Roll Ups are shredded chicken in a cream cheese sauce all wrapped up and baked in pillowy, soft crescent rolls. Perfect for a quick weeknight meal any day of the week.
Chicken Roll Ups with Crescent Rolls
To say my kids love these chicken roll ups in crescent rolls is a major understatement. The flavors in this chicken recipe are absolutely hard to resist. We also love making this recipe for all those watch parties, family gatherings or make as an appetizer, they are always a huge hit!
If you like cooking with crescent rolls like we do, you’ve got to try this Breakfast Pizza recipe!
How to Make Chicken Roll Ups
To make this chicken roll up recipe, we are going to start by making the shredded chicken.
Shredded chicken is super easy to make at home. For this recipe, place the chicken into a pot and fill with enough water to just cover the chicken. Season the water with a packet of Dry Italian Salad Dressing mix.
Place the pot over medium high heat, bring to a boil and cook for 15-20 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through. It should reach an internal temperature of 165ºF when measured with an instant read thermometer.
Remove the chicken from the pot and shred with two forks or you can use an electric mixer to quickly shred the chicken.
While the chicken is still warm, mix in the cream cheese and cheddar cheese. This will help the cheeses mix in easier.
To roll up the chicken crescent rolls, roll out and separate the can of crescent rolls.
Place about 2 tablespoons of the chicken mixture into the center of the larger end of the triangle.
Fold the dough around the chicken mixture and roll to the smaller end, tucking as you roll to keep the chicken inside.
Continue filling and rolling up the crescents until all the chicken and dough has been used.
Place the chicken roll ups, we also sometimes call these chicken pillows, onto a greased baking sheet about 1 inch apart.
Mix together melted butter, garlic salt and dried parsley. Brush this butter mixture over the chicken rolls just before baking.
How Long To Bake Chicken Roll Ups
Heat the oven to 375º F and bake the chicken roll ups for 12-15 minutes, until they are baked through and golden brown on top.
Let sit for a few minutes before serving, they will be so hot on the inside!!
How to Store Chicken Roll Ups
If you do end up with leftover chicken roll ups, these store easily in an air tight container or zip top bag in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
To reheat these chicken filled rolls, simply place in the microwave for 30-45 seconds or even better; place in the air fryer at 350º F and cook for 5 minutes.
What to Serve with Chicken Crescent Rolls
If you are looking for other Family Friendly meals or desserts follow along with me on YouTube or Facebook where I share simple recipes to help you with Feeding Your Fam! Make sure to subscribe so you will be notified when a new recipe is shared.
Chicken Roll Ups
- 4 chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- 1 packet Italian dressing mix
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 8 ounce cans crescent rolls
- 4 tablespoons butter melted
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- Place the chicken into a pot and pour in just enough water to cover the chicken. Add in the Italian seasoning packet and stir to combine. Cooking on medium high heat, bring to a boil, cover and cook until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165℉.
- Shred the chicken with two forks.
- Add the cream cheese and shredded cheese to the shredded chicken and stir to combine.
- Open a can of the crescent rolls and separate the rolls, laying them flat.
- Place a scoop of the chicken mixture into the center of the large end of the triangle. Wrap the crescent dough around the chicken and place onto a greased baking sheet.
- Combine the melted butter, garlic salt and parsley. Brush onto the rolls before baking.
- Bake at 350℉ for 15-19 minutes.
- Nutrition facts are just an estimate
- Store in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days
- serve with cream of chicken soup as a gravy if desired