Breakfast Burrito Recipe
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This simple Breakfast Burrito Recipe is perfect to keep you going all day, filled with eggs, cheese, bacon, potatoes and spinach. Breakfast Burritos are such a delicious way to start the day!!
We love making this simple breakfast burrito recipe for busy mornings when you need to rush out the door. These burritos come together really quick and only have a few simple ingredients.
My kids love to stop at this little Mexican restaurant near us for breakfast burritos, so of course we had to come up with our own simple recipe, and I must say, these are spot on!
How to make Homemade Breakfast Burritos
Let’s jump right in on how to make these simple breakfast burritos. To make this recipe, start with the bacon. Take 6 strips of bacon and slice into bite sized pieces. Add to a large, 12 inch skillet and cook and stir.
While the bacon is cooking, peel and dice a potato into small pieces. Move the bacon to one side of the pan and add the potatoes to the other. Continue to cook and stir the potatoes and the bacon, until the potatoes are soft and the bacon is crisp.
In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs with 2 tablespoons cold water, until they are yellow and fluffy.
Remove the bacon grease from the pan, leaving about 1 tablespoon in the pan to cook the eggs. Pour the eggs into the skillet with the bacon and potatoes. Scramble the eggs by pulling them in from the sides as the cook.
Continue to scrap around the edges, folding the eggs over until they are cooked through. Place some shredded cheese in the center of a warm tortilla, with a few leaves of spinach. Top with the eggs, bacon and potato mixture.
Now that you have got your burrito full of all the goodness, fold it up to keep everything inside. Fold the burrito by pulling up both edges just a few inches towards the center. Pick up one of the unfolded sides and pull it towards the center. Continue rolling the tortilla over until it is all folded into a nice burrito package.
Breakfast Burrito Ingredients
This is a pretty basic recipe for breakfast burritos. Just a few simple ingredients are needed for this simple recipe.
- sharp cheddar cheese
- potatoes: I just use Russet potatoes, but red or gold potatoes could work too.
- tortillas: I prefer the kind that you buy uncooked, they are easy to throw in a pan and brown up, and a warm tortilla is so much better.
- spinach: don’t question it, just do it. It’s good for you!
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Substitutions in this Breakfast Burrito Recipe
There are many different ways you could make these breakfast burritos. Just a few substitutions or additions that we like to make are:
- diced onions
- diced peppers, green or red
- hot sauce mixed in with the eggs before cooking
- different kinds of cheese, Colby Jack, Monterey Jack or Swiss
- frozen hash browns or potatoes work well in this recipe
- half whole eggs and half egg whites, or just egg whites
Go ahead and experiment, make this your own.
Breakfast Burrito Recipe
- 1 large Russet potato, peeled and diced
- 6 slices bacon, sliced into bite size pieces
- 1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 12 eggs
- 2 tbsp cold water
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 6 tortillas
- In a 12 inch skillet over medium heat, cook bacon and potatoes. Cook and stir until bacon is crisp and potatoes are soft in the middle and crunchy on the outside. About 5 minutes, depending on the size of the potato pieces.
- Spoon out all but one tablespoon of the bacon grease.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs with the water until fluffy and yellow. Season with salt and pepper. Pour into the pan with the potatoes and bacon.
- Scramble the eggs by pulling them away from the sides and bottom of the pan and folding over until cooked through.
- Place 2-3 tablespoons of shredded cheese and some spinach in the center of each tortilla. Add some of the egg, bacon and potato mixture on top of the cheese.
- Fold the tortilla in on both ends and roll the tortilla over the center by folding it in on one side and rolling over. Serve warm.
- These burritos can be made with half whole eggs and half egg whites, or just egg whites if desired.
- Also, the amount of salt can be altered to taste.
Other simple Breakfast, or Breakfast for dinner ideas: