Sheet Pan Shrimp Fajitas
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Sheet Pan Shrimp Fajitas are such an easy, healthy meal. All cooked on one pan. Loaded with tasty shrimp, vegetables and a simple homemade fajita seasoning. This Shrimp Fajita Recipe will be on repeat.
Looking for other simple one pan meals? Check out my these other simple and quick recipes: Sweet and Sour Sausages or One Pan Chicken and Veggies.
Sheet Pan Shrimp Fajitas are such an easy go to meal for busy weeknights! I know you are going to love the fact that these cook in under 20 minutes! Sometimes making dinner can seem so overwhelming because there are so many steps, but not with this shrimp fajita recipe.
For this easy fajita recipe the only prep you need to do is slice the pepper and onions and make an easy fajita seasoning. Throw it all on a sheet pan and dinner is served. Let’s get to the step by step for this shrimp fajitas recipe.
How to make Sheet Pan Shrimp Fajitas
Just a few simple steps and dinner is on the table. Start by slicing your peppers and onions. The easiest way I have found to slice peppers is to slice off the top and the stem. Run your knife around the inside of the pepper to remove all of the seeds and ribs. Turn the pepper upside down and it should all fall out easily.
Then slice down one side to open the pepper and slice into 1/4-1/2 inch slices. Cut the onion in 2 halves and slice in slices as well.
Place the sliced peppers, onions and shrimp onto a 21 x 15 inch baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and toss to make sure they are all covered.
In a small bowl combine the ingredients for the seasoning mix. Sprinkle over the vegetables and shrimp, toss and season again to make sure everything gets some seasoning.
Cook in a 400ºF oven for 10 minutes, give it a quick stir after 5 minutes. after 10 remove the shrimp. Place the peppers and onions under the broiler for an additional 2-3 minutes to give them a quick char. Remove from the oven and squeeze lime juice over the whole pan.
How to serve Shrimp Fajitas
These shrimp fajitas are flavorful enough to just serve in a flour tortilla with a little cilantro and a squeeze of lime juice.
Other ways to eat fajitas are with sour cream, avocados, tomatoes, lettuce or even cabbage. We like to drizzle a little cilantro lime ranch dressing, warm tortillas and avocados!! You can even make a simple Pico de Gallo to load on top!!
Ingredients for Shrimp Fajitas on a sheet pan
- shrimp- I like to use medium-large shrimp and plan about 3 shrimp per fajita. I prefer to buy them pre shelled and deveined. You can remove the tail before cooking, but I find it is easier after they have cooked.
- olive oil
- red bell pepper
- yellow bell pepper
- orange bell pepper
- yellow onion
- tortilla shells
Ingredients for Fajita Seasoning
- chili powder
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- black pepper
Sheet pan shrimp fajitas are such a simple and quick meal. I hope you give this easy meal a try! Enjoy!
Sheet Pan Shrimp Fajitas
- 1-1 1/2 pounds shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 orange bell pepper, sliced into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 yellow onion, sliced into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lime
- 12 tortilla shells, small
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1/4 cup sour cream
Shrimp Fajita Seasoning
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp cayenne (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Place the sliced peppers, onions and shrimp on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat. Keep the shrimp and vegetables on their own sides of the pan.
- In a small bowl combine the ingredients for the fajita seasoning. Season the shrimp and vegetables with the spices, toss and season more if desired.
- Place in the oven and bake for 10 minutes, giving it a toss after 5 minutes. After 10 minutes, remove the pink shrimp from the pan and place on a clean plate.
- Turn the oven up to broil and place the pan with the vegetables under the broiler for 2-3 minutes. This will allow the vegetables to char just a little.
- Remove from the oven and place the shrimp back on the pan. Squeeze lime juice over the shrimp and vegetables.
- Serve with warm tortillas, cilantro and sour cream
- The shrimp can be cooked with the tails on, and then removed just before eating.
- The cayenne is optional because it makes this dish spicy. If you don't like spicy food, you can reduce the cayenne to 1/8 tsp or just left out.
Other simple dinner ideas:
Sheet Pan Shrimp Fajitas are such an easy meal, all cooked on one pan. Loaded with tasty shrimp, vegetables and a simple homemade fajita seasoning. This Shrimp Fajita Recipe will be on repeat.
How to store leftover shrimp fajitas
Store any leftover shrimp and vegetables in a air tight container in the refrigerator for up to three days. Reheat in the microwave or on the stove in a pan over medium heat.