Sheet Pan Lemon Chicken Drumsticks and Vegetables is a simple meal cooked all in one pan. This simple, no fuss will have you Feeding Your Fam a healthy meal in no time!!!
Sheet pan dinners make getting dinner on the table a breeze!! It so simple to throw some seasoning on chicken and veggies and set them in the oven to cook up and do their thing!
How to Make Sheet Pan Chicken Drumsticks Recipe
To make this simple sheet pan meal, start by preparing the drumsticks by removing the skin if you need to. This can easily be done by pulling the skin off with a paper towel, it just helps get a grip and the skin comes off easily.
Next, prepare the seasoning. In a large bowl, combine the olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic, spices and salt and pepper. Place the drumsticks in the bowl and allow the chicken to marinade while you prepare and cut up the veggies.
Chop the vegetables into bite sized pieces, making sure the potatoes are about 1/4 inch thick, so they will be done cooking when the chicken is done.
Remove the seasoned chicken from the bowl and place in the center of the baking sheet. Add the vegetables to the bowl with the seasoning and toss to coat.
Sheet Pan Roasted Vegetables
To roast the vegetables along with the drumsticks, make sure that they are placed in a single layer on the baking sheet. You can layer the vegetables between the chicken, in fact I suggest you do this as they will add more flavor to the drumsticks.
How Long to Cook Drumsticks and Vegetables in the Oven
I cooked this sheet pan chicken meal for 30 minutes in a 425ºF oven. Chicken drumsticks are done when they reach an internal temperature of 175ºF. Depending on how thick you cut the potatoes, they can sometimes take longer than the chicken, so just be sure they are sliced small enough to cook quick.
Ingredients Needed for Sheet Pan Chicken Drumsticks
Simple quick dinners, need simple quick ingredients. All you need to make this sheet pan dinner are the following:
- skinless chicken drumsticks
- olive oil
- dried rosemary
- dried thyme
- dried basil
- salt and pepper
- yellow onion
- golden potatoes
Can I use Chicken Breasts in this Sheet Pan Meal?
You can substitute chicken breasts in the sheet pan meal, just follow the recipe as written and cook your chicken breasts until they reach an internal temperature of 165ºF. I like to use an instant read thermometer to check the temperature.
Can I make this Sheet Pan Meal Ahead?
This chicken sheet pan meal is best right out of the oven, however, if you need to do some preparations earlier in the day to make dinner a quicker process you can do a few steps ahead of time. You can prepare the chicken and place it in the seasoning and place it covered or in a zip top bag in the refrigerator for 4-6 hours before baking in the oven.
Then when you are ready to make this sheet pan meal, remove the chicken, season the vegetables and cook as directed.
Sheet Pan Lemon Chicken and Vegetables Recipe
Sheet Pan Lemon Chicken and Vegetables
- 8 chicken drumsticks, skinless
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- zest of one lemon
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 head of broccoli, chopped
- 6 golden potatoes, sliced into 1/4 pieces
- 1 yellow onion
- Preheat oven to 425ºF. Prepare a baking sheet by spraying with cooking oil, or brushing with olive oil
- In a large mixing bowl combine the olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic, dried rosemary, dried thyme, dried basil, salt and pepper.
- Prepare the chicken by removing the skin. Place the chicken in the seasoning mix and stir to coat.
- Chop the vegetables into bite sized pieces.
- Remove the chicken from the seasoning and place in the center of the prepared baking sheet.
- Place the vegetables in the bowl with the remaining seasoning and stir to coat. Layer the seasoned vegetables on the baking sheet around and between the chicken in a single layer.
- Bake the chicken and vegetables in the oven for 30 minutes, until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 175ºF and the vegetables are tender.
What to Serve with Chicken Sheet Pan
Other Easy Chicken Meals
This site contains affiliate links. This provides me with a small percentage if you click through and make a purchase.