Sometimes the fruit needs its own cheese ball!! These Pears With Cream Cheese and Pecans is a beautiful and delicious side dish or even appetizer!
Pears with Cream Cheese Ball
These couldn’t be easier to make. Simply slice your washed pears in halves and remove the core. This can easily be done with a teaspoon measuring spoon. You made need to do a little slicing and remove the rest of the stem and core with a knife.
Cream Cheese Ball
Keep the cream cheese chilled so it will be easier to form into a ball. I took 6 equal 1 ounce blocks of cream cheese and sliced those in half to form the balls. Roll them in your hands a few times and then roll them in the chopped pecans.
What Ingredients are Needed For Pear with Cream Cheese Balls?
- Pears, you can use a variety or Danjou are my favorite
- Cream Cheese
- Chopped Pecans
Pears With Cream Cheese And Pecans Recipe
Pears with Cream Cheese and Pecans
- 3 oz Cream Cheese (or lowfat cream cheese)
- 3 Pears
- 1/4 cup chopped Pecans
- Rinse and slice the pears lengthwise into halves. Using a teaspoon measuring spoon remove the core from the pear. Slice any remaining core away with a sharp knife.
- Slice the cream cheese into 6 equal portions and roll into balls using the palm of your hands. Once the balls are formed, roll the cream cheese in the pecans until well coated.
- Place the cream cheese pecan balls into the cored out center of the pear.