Pulled pork tacos are perfect for a quick and easy weeknight meal, or make up a batch to feed a crowd. This recipe for pork tacos is easily made with leftover shredded pulled pork to make this a meal ready in under 20 minutes.
Leftover Pulled Pork
They are so easy to make and so fun to share. Everyone thinks you have slaved all day over the stove for these!!
Ingredients Needed for Pulled Pork Tacos:
This recipe for simple pulled pork tacos is so flavorful, you will want to make it over and over. You just need some spices, or even taco seasoning to season the pork. To make this easy recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
⭐️ Full ingredient measurements and recipe instructions can be found in the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
How to make Pulled Pork Tacos
My fam loves this recipe and I love it because it takes just a few minutes to put together on a busy weeknight, especially when I alredy have some pulled pork on hand. Let’s walk through the simple steps to make these easy pork tacos:
Step 1: start by cooking the onion and garlic in some olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat until tender. Add in the pulled pork and combine with the onion and garlic in the pan.
Step 2: pour in the Dr. Pepper, seasoning and brown sugar. Stir until the pork is well seasoned and everything is combined.
Bring the mixture to a boil and turn down the heat. Simmer the pork, stirring occasionally until the Dr. Pepper reduces down and the pork has absorbed most of the liquid.
When the liquid is all absorbed, the pork will begin to become crispy and oh so delicious.
What to serve with Pulled Pork Tacos
If you are looking for other Family Friendly meals or desserts follow along with me on YouTube or Facebook where I share simple recipes to help you with Feeding Your Fam! Make sure to subscribe so you will be notified when a new recipe is shared.
Pulled Pork Tacos
- 1 pound Pulled Pork or Shredded Chicken
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1/2 Onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Chili Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 cup Dr. Pepper
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 12 Small Soft Taco Shells
- 1 cup Shredded Purple Cabbage
- 1 cup Shredded Cabbage
- In a small bowl mix garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, cumin, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, chili powder and brown sugar and stir to combine.
- Mince garlic and chop onion. Place a skillet over medium high heat. Pour in the olive oil and garlic and onion and saute until soft and fragrant. Add in the pulled pork and heat through.
- Once it is heated through add Dr. Pepper and spice/sugar mix to the skillet and allow to simmer until the Dr. Pepper has reduced and a caramel has formed on the pork.
- Serve in warm tortilla shells with shredded cabbage and cilantro.
- Nutrition facts are just an estimate
- store any left over meat in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months
Images updated October 18th, 2023.