These Pulled Pork Tacos are perfect for a weeknight or even for your next taco party to feed a huge crowd.
Leftover Pulled Pork
Whenever I smoke pork, slow roast it in a slow cooker or even buy the pre-made stuff from Costco, I have to set aside some just for these tacos. They are so easy to make and so fun to share. Everyone thinks you have slaved all day over the stove for these!!
Ingredients Needed for Pulled Pork Tacos:
- Pulled Pork or even shredded chicken
- Dr. Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Brown Sugar
- Garnishes-Cabbage, cilantro and limes
Pulled pork can easily be made in your slow cooker with a pork shoulder or loin cut on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4 hours with a little broth to keep it moist. Once the roast is done cooking, shred it and get ready to whip up some of these pulled pork tacos!
Pulled Pork Tacos Recipe
Pulled Pork Tacos
- 1 pound Pulled Pork or Shredded Chicken
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 Onion, chopped
- 1 tsp Garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 cup Dr. Pepper
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 12 Small Soft Taco Shells
- 1 cup Shredded Purple Cabbage
- 1 cup Shredded Cabbage
- In a small bowl mix garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, cumin, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, chili powder and brown sugar and stir to combine.
- Mince garlic and chop onion. Place a skillet over medium high heat. Pour in the olive oil and garlic and onion and saute until soft and fragrant. Add in the pulled pork and heat through.
- Once it is heated through add Dr. Pepper and spice/sugar mix to the skillet and allow to simmer until the Dr. Pepper has reduced and a caramel has formed on the pork.
- Serve in warm tortilla shells with shredded cabbage and cilantro.