Black Bean and Corn Salad is the perfect side dish. Loaded with simple ingredients like fresh corn, black beans, red peppers, red onions, feta cheese and topped with a delicious lime vinaigrette. If you are looking for a quick and easy salad recipe, this fresh corn and black bean salad is it!!
Delicious Corn Salad Recipe
We love this simple delicious corn and black bean salad recipe! It tastes so fresh and you can make it as large as you want, bring it along to that neighborhood potluck or family party, everyone will rave about it! This corn salad goes perfect as a side dish to really anything you are grilling or even serve it as a side dish for taco night.
This salad can be made with fresh corn if it’s in season or use canned or frozen corn year round. The zesty salad dressing adds so much flavor and comes together really quick.
Black Bean Salad Ingredients
These are the simple ingredients you can add to your shopping list when you are ready to make this tasty corn salad:
- Corn: I prefer to use fresh corn if it is in season. To cook the corn simply remove the husk and boil the corn for 5-6 minutes, until the kernels are soft and dark yellow.
- Canned corn or frozen, thawed corn can be substituted
- Red Pepper
- Red Onion
- Grape/Cherry Tomatoes
- Black Beans
- Feta Cheese
- Fresh Cilantro
Ingredients for the Lime Vinaigrette
This Zesty Lime Vinaigrette is super simple to make and I know you will find so many other ways to enjoy this dressing, not just for this salad. For this salad dressing recipe you will need:
- Olive oil
- Lime juice
- Garlic salt
- Black pepper
- Lime zest
All of the exact amounts needed for this recipe can be found below in the recipe card.
How to make Black Bean Corn Salad
To make this easy salad recipe, start by cooking the corn, if using fresh corn. Remove the hush from the corn and place into boiling water. Allow the corn to cook in the boiling water for about 3-5 minutes. You will know the corn is done when the corn turns a deeper yellow color and the kernels have softened.
Allow the corn to cool until it is easy to handle. You can even run it under cold water or put in a cold water bath to speed up the cooling.
Once the corn has cooled, using a sharp knife, stand the corn up on one end and slice the kernels from the cob.
It is okay to leave chunks of corn as pictured above for the salad, break up any that you feel are too big.
Add the corn to a large mixing bowl or a large serving platter.
Chop up the onion, tomatoes, cilantro and layer on top of the corn. Add the drained and rinsed black beans and feta cheese.
Mix together the ingredients for the lime vinaigrette and drizzle over the salad, give it a good toss to mix everything together and coat all of the ingredients.
Lastly, add in the diced avocado. I like to add this last as it can easily get smooshed when mixed too much. Give the salad one last toss and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Can Black Bean Salad be made ahead
This salad can easily be made ahead. I like to combine all of the vegetables and beans, then drizzle with the salad. Just before serving add in the cheese and avocados.
Make up to 2 days in advance and store in an air tight container in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Use within 4 days of making.
What to serve with this Corn Salad Recipe
Here are a few of our favorite recipes to serve with this salad:
- Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas
- Crock Pot Salsa Chicken
- Air Fryer or Oven Baked Taquitos
- Pulled Pork Tacos
- Fry Bread Tacos
Black Bean and Corn Salad Recipe
If you are looking for other Family Friendly meals or desserts follow along with me on YouTube or Facebook where I share simple recipes to help you with Feeding Your Fam! Make sure to subscribe so you will be notified each time I post a new video!
⭐️ ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️Tried it and just loved it? Leave me a rating! I would love to hear how it turned out for you! Or even snap a photo and tag me on Instagram @feedingyourfam or #feedingyourfam so I can see what you made!
Black Bean and Corn Salad
- 3 cups corn kernels (about 3-4 cooked ears)
- 1 15.25 ounce can of black beans drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup red pepper diced
- 1/2 cup red onion diced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes halved
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro chopped
- 1/4 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 2 avocados diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- In a large mixing bowl or large platter, combine the corn kernels, black beans, red pepper, red onion, tomatoes, cilantro and feta cheese.
Lime Vinaigrette Instructions
- Combine the ingredients for the dressing in a jar with a lid or even in the blender. Shake in a jar or mix in the blender until well combined.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to coat.
- Lastly, add in the diced avocado and give one last toss.
- If making ahead wait to add feta cheese and avocado until just before serving.
- Store in an air tight container for up to 4 days in the refrigerator.
Black Bean and Corn Salad is the perfect side dish. Loaded with simple ingredients like fresh corn, black beans, red peppers, red onions, feta cheese and topped with a delicious lime vinaigrette.