Air Fryer Chicken Taquitos
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Air Fryer Taquitos are so easy to make, take just a few ingredients and are perfect for a simple meal, snack or even appetizer. These Air Fryer Chicken Taquitos have a crispy corn tortilla on the outside with a creamy, chicken filling that is full of delicious flavors and just a touch of spice.
Some of our other favorite recipes to make in the air fryer are these Air Fryer Grilled Cheese or even these Air Fryer Twice Baked Potatoes.
Making simple taquitos in the air fryer is so easy. We love using the air fryer for simple meals like these taquitos. Yes, you could just buy a pack of frozen taquitos and throw them in the air fryer, but I promise, these homemade ones with fresh ingredients are always so much better. The best part is you can stuff that tortilla full of chicken filling to make these some pretty hearty taquitos.
What to put in Air Fryer Taquitos
These simple taquitos use super easy ingredients that you probably already have on hand. To make these taquitos you will need:
- Shredded Chicken:This is a great recipe to use a store bought rotisserie chicken, some left over chicken from last nights dinner or even some canned chicken.
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- chili powder
- cayenne-this is where you are going to get a little kick of spice from, so go ahead and leave this out if you don’t like spicy foods
- Rotel Diced Tomatoes and Green Chiles: I just use the original for this recipe, however if you want this to be more spicy, pick up the spicier can. If you don’t want tomatoes in your taquitos, you can just add 3-4 tablespoons of diced green chiles.
- Cream Cheese: the cream cheese needs to be softened, so just bring it to room temperature, it will be easier to mix in. Low fat/ Neufchâtel cheese can also be substituted for the cream cheese in this recipe.
- Corn Tortillas: white or yellow corn tortillas work great
Steps to Make Chicken Taquitos
To make these simple chicken taquitos, start by placing the shredded chicken in a large mixing bowl. Season with the garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, cayenne and cumin. Toss to season all of the chicken in the bowl.
Add in the drained Rotel Tomatoes with Green Chiles and stir to combine. Mix in the cream cheese until everything is well combined.
To roll the taquitos, it is easier if the tortillas are warm. This can be done by wrapping in a paper towel and then microwaving for about 30 seconds, toasting over the flame of a gas oven or even in a pan.
Place 2-3 tablespoon in the middle of the warmed corn tortillas and roll until they are closed. Carefully place into the pan of an air fryer.
Spray the taquitos with cooking spray before closing the air fryer and cooking at 375ºF for 5-6 minutes. After 5 minutes, open the basket and turn the taquitos over, spray again with cooking spray, cook for an additional 5-6 minutes until golden and crisp.
What to serve with Taquitos
A few simple things we like to eat with these chicken taquitos are:
Air Fryer Chicken Taquito Recipe
If you are looking for other Family Friendly meals or desserts follow along with me on YouTube or Facebook where I share simple recipes to help you with Feeding Your Fam! Make sure to subscribe so you will be notified each time I post a new video!
Tried it and just loved it? Leave me a rating! I would love to hear how it turned out for you! Or even snap a photo and tag me on Instagram @feedingyourfam or #feedingyourfam so I can see what you made!
Air Fryer Chicken Taquitos
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/8 tsp cayenne
- 1/4 cup Rotel tomatoes and green chiles, drained
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 8 white or yellow corn tortillas
- cooking spray
- Preheat air fryer to 375ºF
- In a mixing bowl combine the shredded chicken and season with garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, cumin and cayenne. Toss to coat.
- Add in the Rotel tomatoes and green chiles and mix
- Stir in the softened cream cheese until everything is well combined
- Warm the tortillas in the microwave wrapped in a paper towel for up 30 seconds until warmed.
- Place 2-3 tablespoons of the chicken mixture into the center of the tortillas and roll. Carefully place into the basket of the air fryer and spray with the cooking spray.
- Cook for 5-6 minutes, turn and spray again with cooking spray and cook for an additional 5-6 minutes until crisp and golden.
These Air Fryer Chicken Taquitos have a crispy corn tortilla on the outside with a creamy, chicken filling that is full of delicious flavors and just a touch of spice.
Other Air Fryer Recipes we love: