Pigs in an Blanket
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This recipe for Pigs in a Blanket is sure to become a fam favorite. This classic, timeless recipe is always a delight for both young and old. If you are needing something to feed a crowd, make up a whole batch of these delicious hot dogs wrapped in buttery biscuits, they will disappear in seconds!
Looking for other simple family meal ideas? Check out my recipes for: Swedish Meatballs, Cast Iron Skillet Burgers or Cheesy Taco Pasta.
Biscuit Wrapped Hot Dogs
These Pigs in a Blanket go beyond comfort food, they are pure bliss all wrapped in a buttery biscuit package. Whether you are planning a simple weeknight dinner, game night or hosting the whole neighborhood, these will for sure be a huge hit.
This recipe for Pigs in a Blanket take them past the appetizer phase right into a full on meal. Wrap full hot dogs stuffed with cheese in biscuit dough and get ready to head out on a taste bud adventure.
Ingredients for Pigs in a Blanket
Talk about a simple recipe! To make Pigs in a Blanket, you will only need a few basic ingredients. To make this recipe make sure to pick up the following:
- refrigerated biscuits– the grand sized biscuits will wrap a lot better around a full hot dog
- hot dogs– we like to just use the regular, all beef hot dogs for this recipe, but a delicious variation would be to use a brat or even sausage.
- cheddar cheese– medium or sharp cheddar will add extra flavor, but feel free to make this your own recipe by adding your favorite cheese flavors
- butter– for brushing over the tops of the wrapped hot dogs
- sesame seeds– because we are fancy!!
Full ingredient measurements and recipe instructions can be found in the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
How to Make Pigs in a Blanket
To make this simple pigs in a blanket recipe, start by opening that terrifying can of biscuits!! Who else hates it when that thing pops open? It’s like a jump scare!!
Take the biscuits out of the can, and roll them out flat into an oval shape just larger that the hot dogs.
Using a sharp knife, slice the hot dogs in half down the center, not slicing all the way through the hot hog.
Place a piece of cheese the same length as the hot dog in the center.
Wrap the stuffed hot dogs in the biscuit dough and place onto a greased or parchment lined baking sheet.
Brush the biscuit dough with melted butter and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Bake the hot dogs wrapped in biscuits until they are golden brown on the outside and the cheese has melted on the inside. This will take about 11-13 minutes.
Serve these with your favorite dipping sauces, or just on their own, either way they are delicious!!
What to Serve with Pigs in a Blanket
- Pasta Salad
- Oven Roasted Potatoes
- Baked Beans
- Sliced Fresh Fruit
Pigs in a Blanket Recipe
If you are looking for other Family Friendly meals or desserts follow along with me on YouTube or Facebook where I share simple recipes to help you with Feeding Your Fam! Make sure to subscribe so you will be notified each time I post a new video!
⭐️ ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️Tried it and just loved it? Leave me a rating! I would love to hear how it turned out for you! Or even snap a photo and tag me on Instagram @feedingyourfam or #feedingyourfam so I can see what you made!
Pigs in a Blanket
- 8 canned biscuits
- 8 hot dogs
- 8 cheddar cheese sticks
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 425º F and grease a baking sheet with cooking spray
- Roll biscuits out into a flat oval just larger than the hot dogs
- Slice each hot dog in half, not slicing all the way through
- Place a cheese stick in the center of each hot dog
- Wrap the hot dogs in the biscuit dough and place on the prepared baking sheet
- Brush the hot dogs with the melted butter and sprinkle with sesame seeds
- Bake for 11-13 minutes, until the biscuits are golden brown and the cheese is melted in the center
- Nutrition facts are just an estimate
- Store any left overs in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days
- Reheat in the oven for 5 minutes or the air fryer at 400º F
- Can also be reheated in the oven for 1-2 minutes.