Air Fryer Twice Baked Potatoes are crispy baked potatoes skins overfilled with a delicious combination of mashed potatoes loaded with sour cream, cheese and bacon. This Air Fryer Potato Recipe is so simple to make and the using the air fryer makes it quick with very little mess!!
We just love using our Air Fryer to make recipes that we would normally make in the oven, it just makes them so easy and sometimes so much quicker. These easy Air Fryer Twice Baked Potatoes are at the top of the list for one of our favorites. Twice Baked Potatoes are one of my fam’s most requested foods. I mean who doesn’t love sour cream mashed potatoes loaded with cheese, bacon and topped with even more cheese?!! Pure deliciousness!!
Making Twice Baked Potatoes in an Air Fryer
The first step is to make the baked potatoes in the air fryer. I have a step by step recipe here if you want to read through that. Otherwise, I will give you a quick recap here.
- wash and clean the potatoes
- rub the skin with olive oil
- poke a few times with a fork
- bake in the air fryer on 400ºF for about 35 minutes, until fork tender
Once the potatoes are tender, remove from the air fryer and slice in half. They are going to be HOT, so please be careful, or wait a few minutes until they have cooled a little.
Remove the flesh from the inside of the potatoes leaving a little edge of potato inside the skin to help it hold up.
Take the flesh and mash with the butter and sour cream. Add in the bacon and cheese and combine.
Spoon the mashed potato mixture back into the potato skins. The mashed potato stuffing will fill the potato skin and then add a few tablespoons more on top.
Top the potatoes with more shredded cheese (of course) and place back into the air fryer. Bake at 400ºF again for 5-10 minutes, until the cheese is golden, melted and bubbly on top of the potatoes.
Remove from the air fryer and ENJOY!!
Air Fryer Twice Baked Potato Recipe
If you are looking for other Family Friendly meals or desserts follow along with me on YouTube or Facebook where I share simple recipes to help you with Feeding Your Fam! Make sure to subscribe so you will be notified each time I post a new video!
Tried it and just loved it? Leave me a rating! I would love to hear how it turned out for you! Or even snap a photo and tag me on Instagram @feedingyourfam or #feedingyourfam so I can see what you made!
Air Fryer Twice Baked Potatoes
- 3 potatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 slices of bacon, chopped
- green onions, for garnish
- Preheat air fryer to 400ºF. Wash potatoes and rub olive oil on the skin.
- Pierce the skin of the potatoes 2-3 times with a fork. Place the potatoes in the basket of the air fryer. Bake 35-40 minutes, turning half way, until they are fork tender.
- Slice the potatoes in half lengthwise and remove the flesh with a spoon leaving a small edge of flesh around the inside.
- In a bowl mash together the sour cream, butter and milk. Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Add in the bacon and most of the shredded cheese.
- Spoon the mashed potato mixture into the skins of the baked potatoes. Top with the remaining shredded cheese.
- Place back into the air fryer and cook for an additional 5-10 minutes until the cheese is bubbly and melted.
Air Fryer Twice Baked Potatoes are crispy potato skins stuffed with creamy mashed potatoes, bacon and cheese. Cooking twice baked potatoes in the air fryer is so quick and easy, this will definitely become a favorite go to recipe to make in your air fryer.