This Cucumber Tomato Feta Salad is the perfect Summer salad/side dish. So easy to make with simple, fresh ingredients. We love to make this cucumber tomato salad as a snack or a simple side for whatever is on the menu for dinner. It is good with everything!
This fresh Cucumber Tomato Salad is one of my go to salad recipes. It is such a tasty salad with the sliced tomatoes, cucumbers and the perfect touch of balsamic vinegar.
Feta cheese is also the best addition to this salad, it is not an over powering cheese, but the perfect, mild compliment to this simple side dish. Even my pickiest kids will eat this one, and I always consider that a win!!
How to Make Cucumber and Tomato Salad
I almost feel like I don’t even need to write any instructions because this salad is just that simple, anyone at any cooking level can make this simple tomato cucumber salad recipe.
- Start by peeling all of the skin from the cucumbers and slice into quarters. Slice each of those quarters into smaller, bite sized pieces. Place in the salad bowl.
- Slice the grape tomatoes into halves and place in the bowl with the sliced cucumbers.
- Next, slice the onions into very thin slices. I like to keep them about 1 inch long and pretty thin so they aren’t so overpowering in the salad.
- The last slicing you will be doing is the basil. To slice the basil, pile up a few leaves and then tightly roll them together. Take a sharp knife and slice the basil into thin strips. Add to the salad
- Toss all of the vegetables together until mixed
Balsamic Vinegar Dressing
The balsamic dressing for this salad is so so easy. In a bowl, combine the balsamic vinegar and the olive oil and whisk together to combine.
Pour the dressing over the cucumber and tomato salad, season with salt and pepper and toss to coat everything in the salad dressing.
Sprinkle with the feta cheese crumbles and keep the salad cold until ready to serve.
How to Make Cucumber Salad Ahead
To make this salad ahead, combine the cucumbers, tomatoes, onions and dressing. Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Just before serving add the basil and feta cheese. I would not make this more than 24 hours in advance of when you will be serving.
Store any leftovers in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
What to serve with Tomato and Cucumber Salad
Cucumber Tomato Feta Salad
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups cucumbers, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup feta cheese crumbles
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl combine the tomatoes, cucumbers, onions and basil. Toss to combine.
- In a separate bowl mix together the balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Pour over the vegetables and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat all in the dressing.
- Sprinkle with feta cheese, serve chilled
This Cucumber Tomato Feta Salad is the perfect Summer salad/side dish. So easy to make with simple, fresh ingredients.