Add some incredible flavor to your boring salads with this simple homemade Balsamic Dressing Recipe. This simple recipe for balsamic vinegar dressing has just 9 simple ingredients and is perfect for taking your salads to the next level.
Homemade Salad Dressing
Have you ever tried making your own homemade salad dressings? Making homemade dressings like this balsamic vinaigrette is so easy to do. We love making our own salad dressing because it allows us to control the ingredients. Some store bought salad dressings have a lot of sugar or salt, making your own dressings makes it super easy to customize to your own diet and taste.
When making homemade balsamic dressing, don’t limit this just to salads! This dressing is perfect as a marinade for chicken, pork or vegetables or as a dipping sauce for bread and vegetables. To use this dressing as a marinade simple add chicken or vegetables to a zip top bag with the dressing and marinate for at least 30 minutes before cooking.
Ingredients for Balsamic Dressing
To make this simple, classic balsamic dressing recipe you will need just a few basic ingredients, these are things you probably already have stocked in your pantry. For this recipe you will need:
- balsamic vinegar– a good balsamic vinegar has a rich tangy flavor that is perfect for making a vinaigrette dressing
- olive oil– oil is necessary for making this dressing creamy and smooth
- spices– sea salt, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper and Italian seasoning add so many simple flavors
- dijon mustard– a must when making a salad dressing, this adds a bit of thickness and flavor to this dressing
- honey– for a bit of sweetness
How to make Balsamic Dressing
This is one of the easiest recipes you will ever throw together. Once you learn how to make homemade salad dressing, you won’t be buying store bought ever again.
To make this recipe, I like to combine all of the ingredients right in a Mason jar with a tight fitting lid. This makes it easy to just shake together and also store as it can just be stored in the same jar.
If you don’t own a Mason jar, this salad dressing can be easily whisked together in a large bowl or mixed in a food processor.
Make sure you shake, whisk or mix the dressing long enough to allow the oil and vinegar to emulsify. This is when the oil and vinegar combine to form a smooth, creamy texture.
Balsamic Dressing Variations
There are some simple substitutions that can easily be made when making this dressing if you don’t have the specific ingredients on hand.
For example, the olive oil can be substituted for avocado oil or any other neutral oil flavor. The sweetness can be add by honey, maple syrup or even sugar.
If you like a spicy dressing, try adding in some red pepper flakes or even a finely minced jalapeño pepper.
Storing Homemade Balsamic Dressing
To store you newly made dressing, simple keep in an air tight container and store in the refrigerator for up to a week.
The vinaigrette will become separated as it rests, simply give it a stir or shake again until it is combined again before using.
Balsamic Dressing Recipe
If you are looking for other Family Friendly meals or desserts follow along with me on YouTube or Facebook where I share simple recipes to help you with Feeding Your Fam! Make sure to subscribe so you will be notified each time I post a new video!
⭐️ ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️Tried it and just loved it? Leave me a rating! I would love to hear how it turned out for you! Or even snap a photo and tag me on Instagram @feedingyourfam or #feedingyourfam so I can see what you made!
Balsamic Dressing Recipe
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Combine the ingredients in a jar with a lid or a mixing bowl.
- If using a jar, shake the dressing for 1 minute, until the dressing is well combined and has a smooth texture
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients together until combined
- To use as a marinade, combine the ingredients and add to chicken or cut vegetables and place in a zip top bag or air tight container for at least 30 minutes before cooking.
This simple balsamic dressing recipe has endless flavor possibilities and once you make your own dressing, you won’t go back to store bought.