As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Let’s be honest, Snickers Salad is not really a salad in the traditional sense, but rather a super easy and delicious dessert to satisfy any sweet tooth. This dessert recipe is always a huge hit at any gathering or party and comes together quick with just a few simple ingredients.
Looking for other amazing dessert salad recipes? Check out my recipes for Berry Cheesecake Fluff or this delicious Grape Salad Recipe.
The sweet and salt combination in this Snickers Salad is absolutely addictive. Whenever this dessert salad is served at picnics, potlucks or family gatherings it is the first thing to go. This recipe is one that is always requested.
Dessert Salads like this Strawberry Pretzel Salad and Frog Eye Salad are classic recipes that have been in the family for years and will continue to be a food tradition for many more.
Snickers salad is super easy to make with just a few ingredients and is a favorite for your guests of all ages from kids to adults.
Apples Snickers Salad Ingredients
As mentioned this Snickers Salad recipe only takes a few ingredients and a few minutes, I might add. To make this delicious sweet salad recipe you will need the following key ingredients:
- Snickers candy bars– you know that sweet candy bar with chocolate, nougat, caramel and peanuts. Perfect addition to a sweet salad recipe. Bonus: Snickers are gluten free if you are making this for someone that can’t have gluten.
- vanilla instant pudding mix– make sure to buy the instant kind for this recipe, it helps the salad set up quicker
- whipped topping– I just use Cool Whip, but I know there are other varieties out there that can work in this recipe as well. If you don’t want to use a pre-made whipped topping, you can make a stabilized whipped cream like in this Berry Cheesecake Fluff Salad.
- milk– I suggest using any other milk than skim milk for this recipe
- Granny Smith apples– these apples are a little sour and tart, the perfect contrast to all of the sweet in this dessert salad recipe.
One of the best things about this Snickers salad is that it is very customizable. You can add chopped peanuts, walnuts or even pecans if you want some extra crunch. A little drizzle of caramel sauce or maybe even chocolate would be a tasty addition.
Some other varieties of apples that work in this salad are Gala, Fuji, Pink Lady, Golden Delicious or even Honeycrisp.
Steps and Tips to make Snickers Salad
To make this simple dessert salad recipe, start by washing and chopping apples. I like to use my apple slicer to slice the apples into thinner slices and remove the cores, then I just cut them into smaller pieces. You can peel the apples if you don’t like the skin, I think it adds a little extra texture and color so I always leave it on.
Just a little tip here: if you are making this Snickers Salad ahead, toss the apples with some lemon juice before adding them to the salad to help prevent them from going brown.
Next, slice the Snickers candy bars into smaller, bite sized pieces. I just do this with a sharp knife by first slicing the full sized candy bar into two halves and then smaller pieces. Then you have to try not to snack on them all as you slice them!! 🤩
For the pudding mixture, in a large mixing bowl, combine the milk, pudding and whipped topping until well combined and all of the pudding powder is mixed in.
Storing Snickers Salad
If you are making this a day ahead or have leftovers, place into an air tight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. If the apples weren’t treated with lemon juice, they might begin to turn brown quicker.
Fold the sliced apples and Snickers bars into the pudding mixture. I like to do this with a large spoon or spatula, just gently stir the apples, Snickers and pudding mixture until combined.
Place the salad into the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before serving to allow the pudding to thicken and set. Just before serving, add additional chopped apples and Snickers to the top of the salad.
Snickers Salad Recipe
If you are looking for other Family Friendly meals or desserts follow along with me on YouTube or Facebook where I share simple recipes to help you with Feeding Your Fam! Make sure to subscribe so you will be notified each time I post a new video!
⭐️ ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️Tried it and just loved it? Leave me a rating! I would love to hear how it turned out for you! Or even snap a photo and tag me on Instagram @feedingyourfam or #feedingyourfam so I can see what you made!
- 4 Granny Smith apples chopped into bite sized pieces
- 5 Snickers candy bars chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1 3.4 ounce package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1 8 ounce container whipped topping thawed
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the instant pudding, milk and whipped topping until combined.
- Add in the chopped apples and Snickers, reserving some for the topping. Gently stir them into the pudding mixture until they are all covered.
- Cover the salad with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Nutrition facts are just an estimate
- store any leftover salad covered, in the refrigerator for up to 3 days