Parmesan Oven Roasted Carrots
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Oven roasted carrots with parmesan is a super simple and delicious side dish that pairs perfectly with any main dish. This roasted carrots recipe is easy to make with just 5 basic ingredients, perfect for a simple weeknight meal or bring along to the next family gathering.
Check out some of my other easy vegetable side dish recipes like this recipe for Garlic Butter Asparagus or Glazed Carrots.
Carrots are such a simple vegetable to slice up and serve in a salad, with a little dip or cook them up for a delicious hot, side dish. When carrots are roasted it brings out their natural sweetness and really enhances their amazing flavor.
I love bringing this parmesan roasted carrots recipe to holiday dinners, parties, potlucks or I’ll even make a batch for a random weeknight dinner.
Ingredients for Garlic Parmesan Roast Carrots
There are just 5 key ingredients that is required when making this garlic parmesan roasted carrots. These are items you most likely already have on hand in your home. To make this carrot recipe you will need:
- carrots– the obvious ingredient here. I like to buy a big bag of the unpeeled carrots because they are a bit cheaper, then I just peel and slice them at home. You can also buy baby carrots for this recipe.
- butter– salted or unsalted is fine for this recipe
- garlic– a little bit goes a long way when it comes to garlic. You can mince your own, or I often will use the pre-minced garlic when I’m in a hurry.
- parmesan cheese– freshly grated is honestly so much better in this recipe
- dried parsley– a simple spice that adds flavor and just looks great on those carrots
- salt and pepper to taste– this recipe won’t need much salt because the cheese adds a lot and if you are using salted butter, you won’t need much extra salt
How to make Roasted Carrots
To make this simple roasted carrots recipe, start by preparing the carrots. I like to use whole carrots, so first I peel and wash them, slice off the top and bottom of the carrot, them slice into smaller pieces. I usually slice them into fourths, depending how thick they are.
Next, prepare the garlic butter sauce that is going to add so much flavor to those carrots. Melt the butter in a small mixing bowl and then add in the garlic, grated parmesan and dried parsley. Mix together until it is well combined.
Toss the sliced carrots pieces with the garlic butter sauce until they are all coated. If your carrots are still cold, the butter might harden again, which is fine, it will melt again in the oven and cook around the carrots.
Once the carrots are all seasoned and prepared, pour them out onto a baking sheet. Then, place into a 400º F oven and bake for 20-22 minutes.
Halfway through the cooking time, use a spatula to give the carrots a quick flip to make sure they cook evenly on all sides.
Variations to this Recipe
Carrots are a pretty versatile vegetable that can easily be combined with other root vegetables for this recipe. Add some small, sliced potatoes, squash or even other carrot varieties to make a delish roasted vegetable side dish.
You could even try different flavors of cheese like Monterey Jack or maybe even Pepper Jack Cheese. Add a little bit of red pepper flakes for little kick of heat.
Parmesan Oven Roasted Carrots Recipe
If you are looking for other Family Friendly meals or desserts follow along with me on YouTube or Facebook where I share simple recipes to help you with Feeding Your Fam! Make sure to subscribe so you will be notified each time I post a new video!
⭐️ ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️Tried it and just loved it? Leave me a rating! I would love to hear how it turned out for you! Or even snap a photo and tag me on Instagram @feedingyourfam or #feedingyourfam so I can see what you made!
Parmesan Oven Roasted Carrots
- 2 pounds carrots peeled and sliced into smaller pieces
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400º F
- In a mixing bowl, combine the melted butter, garlic, parmesan cheese and dried parsley.
- Toss the carrots with the garlic butter mixture until well coated.
- Place on a baking sheet and season with salt and black pepper
- Bake for 20 minutes, flipping half way through the cooking time.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately while still hot
- Nutrition facts are just an estimate
- Store any leftover carrots in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days