As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Every holiday table needs a big old dish of Glazed Carrots! It’s not Easter, Christmas or Thanksgiving if you aren’t eating a delicious serving of Glazed Carrots!
I know I can’t be the only person who thinks brown sugar glazed carrots go good with everything! They are such a simple side vegetable, ready in just a few minutes, bursting with flavor and nutrition!! This brown sugar glazed carrots recipe is perfect for a simple weeknight dinner or a fancy holiday spread.
Ingredients Needed for Glazed Carrots
This glazed carrots recipe calls for just a few simple ingredients.
- Carrots, (of course) I like to use baby carrots, but you can absolutely use full carrots is you would like. Just peel and slice before cooking.
- Water for steaming carrots
- Brown Sugar
- Mustard, I know you’re thinking..’I don’t want my carrots to taste like mustard’, but they won’t. It just add a tangy little zip to your carrots.
How to Make Glazed Carrots
These are so simple to make, ready to eat in about 7 minutes.
The first step is to cook the carrots. I like to do this in the same pan, so I only have one thing to clean. Place the carrots in the pan with the water and bring to a boil. Turn down the heat and allow to simmer for about 5 minutes, until the carrots are fork tender (meaning a fork easily slides into them). Remove the lid and allow the water to steam out.
Once the carrots are soft and most of the water has evaporated from the pan, melt the butter in the pan with the carrots. Add in the brown sugar and mustard and stir to coat all of the carrots. The butter and brown sugar will cook and almost caramelize forming the glaze on the carrots. Season with salt if desired.
The parsley is a nice garnishing touch, but totally optional if you don’t have any on hand.
Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots Recipe
Glazed Carrots Recipe
- 3 cups baby carrots
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp yellow mustard
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley (optional)
- Place uncooked carrots in a large skillet over medium high high. Add in water and bring to a boil. Cover and turn down heat to a simmer.
- Allow the carrots to steam for 5-7 minutes, until a fork slides easily into them.
- Uncover the steamed carrots and cook for an additional minute to allow the water to evaporate.
- Turn up the heat to medium. Add in the butter, brown sugar and mustard. Stir to combine and glaze the carrots. The glaze will thicken as it cooks.
- Season with salt. Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with parsley.
Serving Suggestions for Cooked Carrots
- Pan Seared Pork Chops with Pears
- Creamy Chicken and Spinach Pasta
- Browned Butter Mizithra Cheese Spaghetti
- Easy Baked Salmon