It’s time to put a sweet twist on the traditional savory cheese ball! This Caramel Apple Cheese Ball is perfect for an after school snack or appetizer at your next party! Caramel Apple Cheese Ball is a delicious caramel, cream cheese center all rolled in chocolate, toffee candy bar pieces.
How to Make A Caramel Apple Cheese Ball?
This is such an easy recipe to throw together, because that is how I roll!! Running from one thing to the next and making lots of life happen in between!
For this cheese ball, you start with cold cream cheese, use the real stuff, it tends to hold up better than the low fat cream cheese. Mix in brown sugar and vanilla, this can be done with an electric mixer if you prefer. I just use a wooden spoon and it works well. Once this is well combined, form the cream cheese mixture into a ball form and roll in crushed up toffee pieces.
How to Keep Apples From Turning Brown
Slice up your apples into wedges and place immediately in a bowl filled with one cup cold water and the juice of half a lemon. The Citric Acid from the lemon will keep the apples looking fresh until the cheese ball has been devoured. This is also a great trick for when you send apple slices for lunch! Nobody likes brown apples!
Ingredients for Caramel Apple Cheese Ball
- Cream Cheese
- Brown Sugar
- Toffee pieces. I found chocolate toffee pieces for this recipe, but regular toffee piece will be delicious too!
Caramel Apple Cheese Ball
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese
- 1/4 cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 cup Toffee pieces (I used Heath bar pieces)
- 4 Sliced apples, any variety
- 1 cup Cold Water
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- Mix cold water and lemon juice in a large bowl. Place sliced apples in water mixture to prevent browning.
- Combine cream cheese, brown sugar and vanilla in a large bowl and mix with an electric mixer or wooden spoon to combine. Form cream cheese mixture into a ball and roll in crushed toffee pieces. Keep chilled until ready to serve.