Oven Roasted Vegetables are all cooked together on one sheet pan, perfectly seasoned a good year round. A simple dish for make ahead meals or perfect for feeding a crowd. We love to make this as a simple side dish to go along with some Grilled Chicken.
Besides being delicious, this is the easiest way to cook up a bunch of vegetables in a short amount of time. Sweet potatoes, zucchini, yellow squash, carrots, Brussel sprouts and red onion make a perfect combination when roasted in the oven. This oven roasted vegetables recipe will soon be on repeat on your weekly menu!
How to Roast Vegetables in the oven
To roast a big old sheet pan of vegetables in the oven, start by cleaning, peeling and chopping the vegetables. Make sure the vegetables are all about the same size, especially they potatoes, they will take the longest to cook.
Once you have chopped all of the vegetables, spread them onto a large baking sheet 16 x 12 x 1. Drizzle with olive oil and toss the vegetables to coat with the oil. Season with salt, pepper and onion powder.
How long does it take to Roast Vegetables at 425ºF?
Roast the vegetables in a 425ºF oven uncovered for 10 minutes, remove from the oven and give the vegetables a quick toss, return to the oven and bake for another 10 minutes until tender. To test if the vegetables are done, poke with a fork, if it slides in easily they are ready to eat!!
Variations for this recipe
You can easily switch up the vegetables in this oven roasted vegetables recipe. Other vegetables that would work great in this recipe are: green beans, asparagus, any variety of peppers, potatoes, so many options!
How to reheat Oven Roasted Vegetables
Store these oven roasted vegetables in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. When you are ready to serve, reheat in the microwave on high for 2 minutes, or in the oven at 350 just until heated through.
Other easy side dish recipes:
- Bacon Wrapped Brussels Sprouts
- Oven Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Sauteed Zucchini and Yellow Squash
- Garlic Butter Broccoli
Oven Roasted Vegetables
- 1 sweet potato, chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 zucchini, chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 1 yellow squash, chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups baby carrots
- 1 medium red onion, sliced into 1 inch slices
- 15 Brussels sprouts, sliced in half
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Place chopped vegetables on a 16 x 12 x 1 inch baking sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat. Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Bake in oven for 10 minutes, remove from oven and toss vegetables. Place back in the oven and bake for an additional 10 minutes, until fork tender.
Oven Roasted Vegetables are all cooked together on one sheet pan, perfectly seasoned a good year round. A simple dish for make ahead meals or perfect for feeding a crowd.