This recipe for Easy Lemon Garlic Shrimp is loaded with shrimp covered in a tangy, buttery, garlicky sauce that is super simple to make. Garlic and Lemon Shrimp are ready in less than 15 minutes and are always a huge hit! This easy shrimp recipe is perfect for a busy weeknight dinner.
Easy shrimp with lemon and garlic will soon become a regular on your dinner menu. You are going to love how quickly this recipe is to prepare. Shrimp is one of my favorite proteins because of how simple and quick it is to make. It is a life changer when you can have something made in under 20 minutes, especially on busy days when everyone has to be in different places at the same time!!
What goes into Lemon Garlic Shrimp
Here is the list on simple ingredients you will need to make the most flavorful, buttery, lemon and garlic shrimp.
- Shrimp– one pound of shrimp that has been thawed (if you purchase frozen), peeled and deveined. I usually go with the large shrimp, 31-40 per pound is what is generally labeled as on the package.
- Butter– either salted or unsalted, you can adjust the amount of salt added to remaining recipe as desired
- Garlic, Salt, Red Pepper Flakes, Fresh Parsley and Lemon Juice and Zest- all basic ingredients that you might already have on hand. Each of these add so much flavor to this dish.
How to make Lemon Garlic Shrimp Recipe
- Start with a large skillet or cast iron pan over medium heat. Melt the butter in the pan and add in the clean shrimp
- Cook and stir the shrimp for 2-3 minutes on each side until the shrimp is pink and cooked through.
- You can measure the temperature of the shrimp with an instant read thermometer if you are worried about them being cooked all the way through, this is also a great way to make sure you don’t overcook the shrimp. They can become really chewy if they are overcooked.
- Add in the garlic, red pepper flakes, lemon juice and lemon zest. Cook and stir for just a few seconds until fragrant.
- Top with chopped parsley
- Place on a serving platter and drizzle the butter over the top of the shrimp
- Serve immediately
Lemon Garlic Shrimp Recipe
If you are looking for other Family Friendly meals or desserts follow along with me on YouTube or Facebook where I share simple recipes to help you with Feeding Your Fam! Make sure to subscribe so you will be notified each time I post a new video!
Tried it and just loved it? Leave me a rating! I would love to hear how it turned out for you! Or even snap a photo and tag me on Instagram @feedingyourfam or #feedingyourfam so I can see what you made!
Lemon Garlic Shrimp
- 1 pound shrimp (31-40 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 3 tbsp butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- salt, to taste
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add in shrimp and cook 2-3 minutes per side until pink and cooked through. Internal temperature of 125ºF
- Add in the minced garlic, red pepper flakes, salt, lemon juice and zest. Cook and stir for another 30 seconds until garlic is fragrant.
- Remove from the heat to a serving platter and drizzle butter over shrimp. Serve immediately.
This recipe for Easy Lemon Garlic Shrimp is loaded with shrimp covered in a tangy, buttery, garlicky sauce that is super simple to make.
Other Easy Shrimp Recipes: