This easy recipe for Frog Eye Salad has just a few simple ingredients and comes together super fast. Frog eye salad is a delicious combination of Ancini de Pepe Pasta, mandarin oranges, pineapple, mini marshmallows, coconut, store bought whipped topping and maraschino cherries. This fruit salad is perfect for potlucks, neighborhood parties and family get togethers!
Easy Frog Eye Salad
This Frog Eye Salad is definitely an oldie but a goodie! Honestly, I have been eating this salad my whole life. It was always served at church or family parties and for good reason, it is so good! I use the term ‘salad’ really loosely when talking about this one. It really feels more like a dessert than a salad, but I’m not going to complain if someone wants to serve me this as a salad! It’s delicious!
How to make Frog Eye Salad Recipe
This Frog Eye Salad Recipe is so easy to make and the only cooking you will need to do is for the pasta. To make this simple salad recipe start by cooking the Acini de Pepe pasta in boiling water until it is cooked through. Follow the directions of the package for cooking times.
Once the pasta is cooked, run it under cold water to cool it off, you don’t want to add the rest of the ingredients to the hot pasta as it will melt the whipped topping.
While the pasta cools, in a large serving bowl, mix together the whipped topping and the reserved 1/2 cup of pineapple juice until well combined. Add in the pineapple tidbits, mandarin oranges, maraschino cherries and coconut flakes.
Fold the pasta into the fruit and whipped topping. Lastly, fold in the mini marshmallows until everything is combined and coated in the whipped topping dressing. Place the salad, covered, into the fridge for at least an hour before serving.
Toasted Coconut Topping
I love to top this simple salad with toasted coconut. It is so easy to make and really adds so much. To make the toasted coconut, place 1/4-1/2 cup of shredded sweetened coconut into a skillet over medium high heat.
Stir the coconut constantly in the pan. The coconut will begin to turn golden brown. At this point, take the pan off of the heat and remove the coconut from the pan, you don’t want it to continue to cook as it can burn easily. Sprinkle to toasted coconut over the salad just before serving.
Frog Eye Salad Recipe
If you are looking for other Family Friendly meals or desserts follow along with me on YouTube or Facebook where I share simple recipes to help you with Feeding Your Fam! Make sure to subscribe so you will be notified each time I post a new video!
⭐️ ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️Tried it and just loved it? Leave me a rating! I would love to hear how it turned out for you! Or even snap a photo and tag me on Instagram @feedingyourfam or #feedingyourfam so I can see what you made!
Frog Eye Salad Recipe
- 1 cup Acini de Pepe pasta, uncooked
- 1 11 ounce mandarin oranges
- 1 20 ounce pineapple tidbits
- 1/2 cup reserved pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup maraschino cherries, sliced in half
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 8 ounces whipped topping
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Run under cold water after cooking to cool pasta.
- In a large serving bowl combine the whipped topping and reserved pineapple juice.
- Mix in the mandarin oranges, pineapple tidbits, cherries and coconut.
- Fold in the cold pasta and marshmallows.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.
- Store leftover salad covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Mix again before serving.
- To make toasted coconut for the top. Place 1/4 cup shredded sweetened coconut into a skillet over medium high heat. Cook and stir constantly until the coconut turns golden brown. Remove from the pan immediately to a separate bowl. Sprinkle over the top of the prepared salad.
Frog eye salad is a delicious combination of Ancini de Pepe Pasta, mandarin oranges, pineapple, mini marshmallows, coconut, store bought whipped topping and maraschino cherries.