Parmesan Crusted Brussels Sprouts are a simple and delicious side dish that are just perfect for any occasion.
Why We Love Brussel Sprouts with Parmesan
Let’s face it, brussel sprouts have a bad reputation among some people. I always think it’s because they just tried them plain without any seasonings or flavor, like cheese!
This recipe for parmesan crusted brussels sprouts will definitely have everyone devouring the greens.
The brussels sprouts are cooked until they are tender, they are seasoned with simple seasonings and cooked on a bed of parmesan cheese that gets browned and crispy as it bakes.
If this hasn’t sold you yet, lastly the brussels sprouts are drizzled with a little lemon juice for an extra punch of flavor. Brussels sprouts are easily one of my personal favorite vegetables, don’t let me be the only one, give this recipe a try!
Related recipe: Simple Oven Roasted Brussels Sprouts
How to Roast Brussel Sprouts
With just a few simple ingredients and an oven you can make deliciously roasted brussel sprouts. Let’s walk through a few tips and tricks to get perfect oven roasted brussel sprouts every time.
Start this recipe by first cleaning the brussels sprouts. Place in a colander and run under cold water. Remove any browned leaves that might be on the outside of the brussels.
Slice each brussel sprout in half with a sharp knife to prepare them for cooking.
Next, combine the parmesan cheese, spices and butter then spread out onto the baking sheet. Place the sliced brussels right on top of the parmesan cheese.
Bake until the brussels are soft, a fork should slide easily into the flesh of the brussel sprout. The parmesan will be browned and crispy.
What to Serve with Brussels Sprouts
If you are looking for other Family Friendly meals or desserts follow along with me on YouTube or Facebook where I share simple recipes to help you with Feeding Your Fam! Make sure to subscribe so you will be notified each time I post a new video!
⭐️ ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️Tried it and just loved it? Leave me a rating! I would love to hear how it turned out for you! Or even snap a photo and tag me on Instagram @feedingyourfam or #feedingyourfam so I can see what you made!
Parmesan Crusted Brussels Sprouts
- 2 pounds Brussels Sprouts cut in half
- 1 cup parmesan cheese shredded
- 5 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 425º F
- In a bowl, combine melted, cooled butter, parmesan cheese, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, sea salt and black pepper
- Pour cheese mixture into the bottom of a large, rimmed baking sheet
- Press halved Brussels sprouts into the cheese mixture in the bottom of the pan.
- Bake 15-20 minutes, until Brussels are tender and cheese is brown and crispy
- Squeeze lemon juice over the Brussels sprouts, break apart and serve.
- Nutrition facts are just an estimate
- These are best served the same day as the cheese will softened when stored.