Creamy Corn Casserole is a delicious, comforting side dish that is a combination of sweet corn kernels with a cheesy, cornbread mixture that is baked to a golden perfection. Perfect for any family meal.
What is Corn Casserole?
Corn casserole is a creamy, cheesy side dish that has been a standard addition to many Thanksgiving, Christmas or other Holiday menus. This corn casserole with Jiffy is made by combining creamy corn, sweet corn kernels and Jiffy Corn Muffin mix as well as other simple ingredients to make the best corn casserole.
One bite of this creamed corn casserole will make your taste buds sing! This is one of those old fashioned recipes that doesn’t make sense, until you try it, then you wonder where it has been all your life.
What do You Need To Make Creamed Corn Casserole
To make this easy recipe for Jiffy corn casserole, you only need 6 ingredients. This recipe comes together quick and is sure to please all your people. To make this recipe, you will need the following:
Full ingredient measurements and recipe instructions can be found in the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
How to Make Corn Casserole
Just a few simple ingredients and a few simple steps make this corn casserole recipe the best! Let’s walk through the simple steps to make this corn casserole with Jiffy mix perfect every time.
Step 1: start by combining together the cream style corn, drained can of sweet corn kernels, Jiffy Honey Corn Muffin mix, sour cream and melted butter.
Pour everything into a large mixing bowl and stir with a wooden spoon or spatula until well combined and no chunks of corn bread mix or sour cream are spotted.
Step 2: Pour the corn casserole mixture into a well greased 9 x 13 inch baking pan. Grease with cooking spray or butter, whichever you prefer. Spread the mixture out evenly in the pan.
How Long to Cook Corn Casserole
Step 3: bake the corn casserole first for 45 minutes, until it is golden brown.
Step 4: after 45 minutes, place the grated cheese on top of the casserole and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes, until the cheese is bubbly and melted. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Can I Make Corn Casserole Ahead
Corn casserole can easily be made 1-2 days ahead of when you need it. You can do it one of three ways.
- Unbaked: prepare the casserole according to the recipe just up until the part where you bake it. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until you are ready to bake. Let the casserole sit on the counter while the oven warms, then bake according to the recipe instructions.
- Baked: bake the casserole according to the recipe instructions. Reheat in a 325º F oven for 10-15 minutes, until heated through. If the cheese is getting too crispy, cover with a piece of foil.
- Frozen: If you need to make it up to 3 months in advance, follow the unbaked instructions and wrap tightly in plastic wrap to freeze. Bake at 350º F for 55-60 minutes before topping with cheese.
If you are looking for other Family Friendly meals or desserts follow along with me on YouTube or Facebook where I share simple recipes to help you with Feeding Your Fam! Make sure to subscribe so you will be notified each time I post a new video!
⭐️ ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️Tried it and just loved it? Leave me a rating! I would love to hear how it turned out for you! Or even snap a photo and tag me on Instagram @feedingyourfam or #feedingyourfam so I can see what you made!
Corn Casserole Recipe
- 1 can 15 ¼ ounce whole sweet kernel corn drained
- 1 can 14 ¾ ounce cream style corn
- 1 8 ounce package Jiffy Honey corn muffin mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ cup butter melted
- 1 ½ cups sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 350℉. Grease 9 x 13 inch baking pan
- In a large bowl, stir together 2 cans of corn, corn muffin mix, sour cream, and melted butter.
- Pour evenly into a greased 9 by 13 inch casserole dish and bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with cheddar cheese
- Return to oven for 5-10 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Let stand for 5 minutes and then serve warm.
- Nutrition facts are just an estimate
- can use plain corn muffin mix in place of honey mix, or add 2 tablespoons honey if you want it sweet and only have plain corn muffin mix
- store in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days