Getting dinner on the table in under 20 minutes is totally possible with this easy chicken orzo recipe. Orzo is a tender pasta that can easily be cooked in one pan with all of the other simple ingredients to make a tasty dinner you will absolutely love.
Quick and easy dinners are a life saver. Getting dinner on the table quick, easy and delicious is a breeze with this simple chicken orzo recipe.
Orzo is a small pasta, almost like rice, that cooks up quick and is so filling and easy to work with.
This orzo recipe is made in one pan, so bonus, less dishes to clean up. Orzo is simple to work with, unlike rice, it doesn’t need to be covered the whole time while it is cooking. Orzo mixes well with most vegetables or even proteins.
What You Need To Make Orzo Chicken Recipe
This cheesy orzo chicken recipe is loaded with some simple vegetables, chicken, orzo and topped with cheese. The ingredients for this recipe are simple making this recipe quick and easy. This is what you need to gather to make orzo chicken:
Full ingredient measurements and recipe instructions can be found in the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
Steps to Make Chicken Orzo Recipe
Let’s walk through the simple steps to make this chicken orzo recipe so you can feed your fam in just 30 minutes!
Step 1: to start, melt the butter and add olive oil in a large, 12 inch skillet, like this enameled cast iron pan. Add in the chopped onion, chicken and seasonings. Cook and stir until the chicken is browned.
How to Cook Orzo
Step 2: to the same pan add in the chicken broth and orzo, bring to a boil over medium high heat, then turn down the heat to medium low and cover the pan with a lid. Cook for 6-7 minutes.
Step 3: next, add in the chopped broccoli, stir and cover the pan again to cook for an additional 5-6 minutes until the pasta is al dente.
Step 4: stir in the cream and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes to allow the sauce to thicken.
Step 5: add 1 1/4 cup of the shredded cheese and stir into the orzo dish.
Lastly, top the orzo dish with the last of the cheese. Place the pan under the broiler in the oven until the cheese is melted.
How to Store Chicken Orzo Recipe
If you have leftover chicken orzo, place it into an air tight container and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
To reheat this orzo recipe, place individual portions into a bowl or on a plate and heat in the microwave until heated through.
Other One Pan Meals To Try:
If you are looking for other Family Friendly meals or desserts follow along with me on YouTube or Facebook where I share simple recipes to help you with Feeding Your Fam! Make sure to subscribe so you will be notified each time I post a new video!
⭐️ ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️Tried it and just loved it? Leave me a rating! I would love to hear how it turned out for you! Or even snap a photo and tag me on Instagram @feedingyourfam or #feedingyourfam so I can see what you made!
Broccoli Chicken Orzo Recipe
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound chicken cut into small pieces
- ½ cup yellow onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup matchstick carrots
- 1 cup orzo pasta
- 2 ½ cups chicken broth
- 2 cups broccoli chopped into small pieces
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 ½ cup sharp cheddar cheese separated into 1 ¼ cup and ¼ cup portions
- Heat butter and olive oil in a large skillet with a lid. Add chicken and onions to the pan. Season with salt, black pepper and paprika. Cook and stir for 3-4 minutes until browned on all sides.
- Add minced garlic and carrots stir to combine
- Add orzo and chicken broth, bring to a simmer over medium heat, put a lid on the pan and cook for 6-7 minutes.
- Add in broccoli and stir. Cover and cook 5-6 more minutes until pasta is al dente.
- Pour in cream and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in 1 ¼ cups of the cheese.
- Top with the remaining cheese. Place under broiler for 1-2 minutes, until the cheese is melted and bubbly on top.
- Nutrition facts are just an estimate
- cook in a pan that is at least 12 inches wide and oven safe to place under the broiler