Creamy Chicken Mushroom is a simple, yet indulgent recipe with tender bites of chicken, flavorful mushrooms and a delicious, creamy garlic sauce.
This Mushroom Chicken with cream sauce is ready in under 30 minutes and perfect served over pasta, rice or even mashed potatoes.
Recipes like this Creamy Mushroom Chicken or even this Beef Stroganoff are perfect for a quick weeknight meal to feed the fam, or this is flavorful enough to feed your favorite guests. My kids love this garlicky sauce with chicken on its own or serve it with rice or pasta to make a simple, filling meal.
This chicken with creamy mushroom sauce is super easy to make with simple ingredients. The best part might just be that it can be ready and on the table in under 30 minutes, hello easy meal!!
Creamy Mushroom Chicken Ingredients
This simple chicken recipe can be put together quickly with just a few simple ingredients, items you already have in your home. To make this recipe you will need the following:
⭐️ Full ingredient measurements and recipe instructions can be found in the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
How to make Chicken with Creamy Mushroom Sauce
Any time I can have a delicious dinner ready and on the table in under 30 minutes is always a huge win in my book! It takes just a few steps to whip up this simple dinner recipe, let me walk you through it all:
Step 1: In a large skillet heat one tablespoon of olive oil over medium high heat. Add the mushrooms and sliced onions. Cook and stir for about 5 minutes, until they are tender then add in the garlic. The garlic will take just about 30 seconds to cook.
Step 2: Add in the sliced chicken and season the pan with salt, black pepper and Italian seasonings. Cook the chicken for about another 5-7 minutes until it is cooked through and no longer pink inside.
Step 3: to the same pan add in the chicken broth and heavy cream. Keep the pan over medium high heat and bring the sauce to a boil. Turn down the heat to low and allow the sauce to simmer while you stir it and it begins to thicken.
Remove from the heat and stir in the parmesan cheese. Sprinkle with chopped parsley before serving.
We like to eat this saucy dish with cooked egg noodles or other thin, cooked pastas. Some of our favorite side dishes to eat with this creamy mushroom chicken recipe are:
How to Store Leftovers
If you have any leftovers of this creamy sauce, place in an air tight container and refrigerate for up to 3 days. To reheat place in a pan and cook over low heat, stirring frequently or microwave for one minute until heated through.
The cream can split when reheated, it seems to do better if the dish is stirred while heating.
This creamy mushroom chicken recipe doesn’t freeze and reheat very well as the cream can split while reheating again. I don’t recommend freezing and reheating.
Other Creamy Chicken Recipes We Love:
If you are looking for other Family Friendly meals or desserts follow along with me on YouTube or Facebook where I share simple recipes to help you with Feeding Your Fam! Make sure to subscribe so you will be notified when a new recipe is shared.
Creamy Mushroom Chicken Recipe
- 1 pound chicken breast cut into 1/2-1 inch pieces
- 10 ounces white mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper or to taste
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup parsley chopped
- In a large 12 inch skillet, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add in the mushrooms and onions. Cook and stir for about 5 minutes until they are just tender.10 ounces white mushrooms, 1/2 yellow onion, 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Add in the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.2 cloves garlic
- Add the chicken to the pan with the salt, black pepper and Italian seasoning. Cook and stir until the chicken is cooked through, no longer pink inside. 5-7 minutes.1 pound chicken breast, 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- Pour in the chicken broth and heavy cream and bring to a boil, turn down the heat and simmer for another 5 minutes while stirring until the sauce thickens.1/2 cup chicken broth, 1 cup heavy cream
- Remove from the heat, stir in the parmesan cheese and chopped parsley1/2 cup parmesan cheese, 1/4 cup parsley
- Nutrition facts are just an estimate
- if the sauce is too thick, add a little more chicken broth
- if the sauce is too thin, simmer for a little longer until thickened