The classic flavor combination of Peanut Butter and Jelly are combined to make this super rich and delicious Peanut Butter and Jelly dessert bar.
Imagine a buttery, peanut butter crust, topped with your favorite jam then topped again with more peanut butter goodness. This is a symphony of flavors that will definitely have your fam coming back for more.
It might be a bit of an obsession, but I would always rather eat a cookie in bar form! These peanut butter and jelly bars are just so rich and delicious, you might need a glass of milk while enjoying these. Just like my recipe for Monster Cookie Bars or even these No Bake Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars.
This peanut butter dessert is towards the top as one of my favorites. It is pretty easy to make and you can really customize it with your favorite fruity flavor; grape, raspberry or even try a homemade strawberry jam.
Peanut Butter Jelly Bar Ingredients
Let’s jump right in on making these amazing peanut butter and jelly bars. To make this recipe you will need the following:
⭐️ Full ingredient measurements and recipe instructions can be found in the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
How to Make Peanut Butter and Jelly Bars
Step 1: just like making a peanut butter cookie dough, start by creaming together room temperature butter (so it is soft) and the brown sugar and white sugar. Mix them with an electric mixer or in the bowl of a stand mixer for about 1 minute, until well combined and fluffy.
Step 2: Add in the eggs (also room temperature), vanilla and peanut butter. Mix until a smooth batter is formed.
Step 3: next, add in the flour, baking powder and salt. Continue mixing with mixer until the dough becomes like a thick cookie dough. The dough will be crumbly, but when pressed together, it sticks together and will form a ball.
Step 4: press 2/3 of the peanut butter bar dough into the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Use the back of a measuring cup, drinking glass or a spatula.
Step 5: after the bottom layer of peanut butter dough is evenly pressed into the bottom of the pan, spread the 1 1/2 cups of jam over the top of the dough. To help with easy clean up, try not to go all the way to the edge of the pan, keep the jam on the dough.
Step 6: next, spread the chopped salted peanuts over the top of the jam layer, then take the remaining dough and break it up over on top as the last layer before baking.
Step 7: lastly, bake the peanut butter bars at 350º F for 25-30 minutes, until the edges and top pieces are browned.
Allow the peanut butter bars to cool completely before slicing.
How to Store Peanut Butter and Jelly Bars
Peanut butter and jelly bars can be stored in an air tight container on the counter for up 3 days, or up to five if stored in the refrigerator.
The peanut butter bars will soften over time, they are most crunchy on the first day.
Other Cookie Bar Recipes You Should Try:
If you are looking for other Family Friendly meals or desserts follow along with me on YouTube or Facebook where I share simple recipes to help you with Feeding Your Fam! Make sure to subscribe so you will be notified when a new recipe is shared.
Peanut Butter and Jelly Bars
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups peanut butter
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups raspberry jam
- 1/2 cup chopped salted peanuts
- Preheat oven to 350º F and prepare a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with cooking spray
- In a large mixing bowl cream together the butter, brown sugar and sugar with an electric mixer for about 1 minute, until well combined and fluffy
- Add in the egg, vanilla and peanut butter. Mix until smooth
- Add in the flour, baking powder and salt. Mix until a crumbly dough is formed.
- Press 2/3 of the peanut butter dough evenly into the bottom of the prepared baking dish
- Evenly spread the jam over the dough, being careful not to go all the way to the edges
- Sprinkle the chopped peanuts over the jam and spread pieces of the remaining dough over the top of the peanut butter bars.
- Bake the peanut bars for 25-30 minutes until the edges and top are browned.
- Allow to cool completely before slicing.
- Nutrition facts are just an estimate
- Store peanut butter and jelly bars covered or in an air tight container for up 3 days on the countertop or in the refrigerator for 4-5 days.
- The peanut butter and jelly bars will soften over time, they are the most crunchy on the first day