Lemon Chicken Pasta recipe is a simple dinner idea that combines the tangy zest of lemon with the savory flavors of Panko crusted chicken. Served over pasta with a lemon garlic sauce, this makes a delicious dinner that the whole fam is sure to love.
Panko Breaded Chicken Recipe
The panko breaded chicken breast is this recipe is the star of the dish in my opinion. It is so easy to make and comes out perfectly browned and crispy. My fam asks for this recipe almost weekly and I don’t even mind.
Lemon Chicken Pasta Ingredients
This chicken recipe is so easy to make because it only requires just a few simple ingredients to pull together. To make this easy Panko crusted chicken recipe with lemon garlic pasta, you will need the following ingredients:
- pasta– a long noodle is delicious with this recipe, like, Linguine, Fettuccine, Spaghetti, Angel Hair or even Bucatini
- chicken breasts– these are lean and easy to use in this recipe. Purchase them as thin breast, or slice them in half yourself
- Panko bread crumbs– crunchy style bread crumbs, perfect for making an easy, crunchy chicken
- neutral oil– oil that can cook at a high temperature like avocado, canola or vegetable oil.
- lemon– both the zest and juice are used in the recipe
- butter– used to make a creamy sauce for the pasta
- parmesan cheese
Full ingredient measurements and recipe instructions can be found in the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
How to make Lemon Chicken Pasta
To start, cook the pasta in salted water according to the package directions. Be sure to keep at least a cup of the pasta water for the sauce before draining the noodles.
Panko Crusted Chicken
To make the Panko crusted chicken, start by slicing the chicken breasts in half horizontally and then pounding until they are thin and about the same thickness throughout.
I find it super easy, and less messy, to place the chicken breasts into a zip top bag instead of between plastic wrap to pound them out.
Pour the oil into the bottom of a heavy skillet or cast iron pan and allow to heat up over medium high heat.
Press the chicken breasts into the seasoned bread crumbs and cook for 3-5 minutes per side, until golden brown and cooked through.
The chicken is done cooking when it is no longer pink on the inside, the juices run clear or the more accurate way to know if chicken is done is by cooking to an internal temperature of 165ºF. I like to use an instant read thermometer to check the doneness of chicken.
Once the chicken is cooked through and browned on both sides, remove to a paper towel lined plate and sprinkle with some salt. Remove any pieces of Panko that are left in the pan.
Lemon Garlic Pasta Sauce
To make the simple lemon garlic sauce, melt the butter in the same pan over medium heat. Add in the garlic, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Stir and cook for 30 seconds.
Toss the pasta in the butter and stir to coat. Pour in about 1/4 cup of the reserved pasta water and stir into the pasta. The sauce will begin to get creamy and thicken. Add more pasta water as desired to make a smooth, creamy sauce. Add in the parmesan cheese and stir until combined.
Serve the pasta with sliced chicken over the top. Squeeze lemon juice over the chicken just before serving with some additional parmesan cheese.
How to store leftover Panko Chicken with Pasta
Store the chicken and pasta in separate air tight containers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. The chicken can be frozen in an air tight container or zip top bag for up to 3 months.
Reheat in the microwave or even in an air fryer for crispy chicken.
Lemon Chicken Pasta
If you are looking for other Family Friendly meals or desserts follow along with me on YouTube or Facebook where I share simple recipes to help you with Feeding Your Fam! Make sure to subscribe so you will be notified each time I post a new video!
⭐️ ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️Tried it and just loved it? Leave me a rating! I would love to hear how it turned out for you! Or even snap a photo and tag me on Instagram @feedingyourfam or #feedingyourfam so I can see what you made!
Lemon Chicken Pasta
- 2 chicken breasts sliced horizontally and pounded thin
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon sea salt divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper divided
- 6 tablespoons avocado oil
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 lemon zest and juice
- 1/2 cup pasta water
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1 pound linguine pasta
- Cook pasta in salted water according to package instructions.
- Heat avocado oil into heavy bottom pan and place over medium heat
- Combine bread crumbs, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper in a shallow bowl
- Press chicken breasts into the bread crumbs on both sides.
- Cook in the oil on both side for 3-5 minutes, until internal temperature reaches 165º F and the chicken is cooked through
- Remove from the pan to a clean plate
- Clean out any leftover bread crumbs from the pan.
- Melt the butter in the same pan and add in the garlic, red pepper flakes, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, lemon zest and lemon juice. Stir and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the cooked pasta to the butter mixture and stir to coat. Pour in 1/4 cup of the pasta water and stir until the sauce is thick and creamy. Add in the grated parmesan and stir. Add more pasta water as desired.
- Serve sliced chicken over pasta, squeeze extra lemon juice and parmesan over just before serving.
- Nutrition facts are just an estimate
- chicken can be placed on a paper towel lined plate after cooking to help absorb some of the oil
- store any leftovers in separate air tight containers in the refrigerators for up to 3 days