One pan Greek chicken is a simple dinner that is a delight for the tastebuds. A delicious combination of tomatoes, green peppers, mushrooms and simple spices make this a dinner you will come back to over and over. Ready in just 30 minutes, this Greek chicken recipe is a keeper.
Easy Greek Chicken Dinner
We love this recipe first of all for the amazing flavors, and second, it is so easy to make. This Greek Chicken recipe is all made in one pan right on the stovetop. The chicken is tender and juicy and the addition of the feta cheese and Kalamata olives just takes this dish over the top.
Ingredients for Greek Chicken Dinner
The ingredient list for this Greek Chicken dish is super simple. To make this easy family dinner recipe you will need:
Full ingredient measurements and recipe instructions can be found in the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
How to make Greek Chicken
Let’s jump right in to the steps and tips to make this easy, one pan, stove top chicken dinner. The steps are easy and pretty straightforward and will definitely result in a super delicious dish you will be happy to share with everyone. Here are the steps to make one pan Greek Chicken:
- Start with a large skillet over medium high heat and add in one tablespoon of olive oil (or more if desired)
- season the chicken on both sides with salt and pepper, add the chicken to the pan and brown on both sides, about 4 minutes per side.
- remove the chicken from the pan and add in additional oil if needed.
- next, add in the red onion, garlic, green peppers, onions and mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper and half of the oregano.
- cook and stir for 1 minute
- place the chicken back into the pan with the vegetables and season chicken with remaining oregano
- cover the pan and cook for 10-12 minutes over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender.
How to tell if chicken is done
The best way to know if your chicken is done is with an instant read thermometer. The chicken needs to be at 165º F in the thickest part to be fully cooked through. I use a ThermoWorks thermometer to check the temperature, it is quick and easy and a must in my kitchen for checking all kinds of temperatures.
- lastly, once the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are all soft, just before serving top with Kalamata olives, crumbled Feta cheese and a drizzle of olive oil.
Serve this chicken over a bed of rice or pasta and be sure to spoon some of the pan juices over the chicken, delicious!!
What to serve with Greek Chicken
Check out these other simple side dish recipes that would pair perfectly with this Greek Chicken Dinner:
One Pan Greek Chicken Recipe
If you are looking for other Family Friendly meals or desserts follow along with me on YouTube or Facebook where I share simple recipes to help you with Feeding Your Fam! Make sure to subscribe so you will be notified each time I post a new video!
⭐️ ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️Tried it and just loved it? Leave me a rating! I would love to hear how it turned out for you! Or even snap a photo and tag me on Instagram @feedingyourfam or #feedingyourfam so I can see what you made!
One Pan Greek Chicken
- 4 chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red onion diced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 4 roma tomatoes quartered
- 1 green pepper sliced into strips
- 4 ounces white mushrooms sliced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 ounce Kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup Feta cheese crumbles
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat
- Season chicken on both sides with half of the salt and black pepper
- Cook the chicken in the skillet for 3-4 minutes on each side until browned
- Remove the chicken from the pan and add another tablespoon of olive oil.
- Add the red onion, garlic, tomatoes, green peppers and mushrooms into the pan and cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Place the chicken on top of the vegetables and cover with a lid.
- Cook over medium heat for 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165º F and the vegetables are softened.
- Just before serving top with the Kalamata olives, Feta cheese and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Nutrition facts are just an estimate
- salt and black pepper can be adjusted to taste