Homemade Pepperoni Pizza Rolls are made with my easy pizza dough recipe. If you love the savory goodness of pepperoni pizza, then you will absolutely love these simple pizza rolls. Perfect for a quick dinner, simple snack or delicious appetizer.
No need to call in an order or pack up and head out to a pricey restaurant when you can make these indulgent and delicious pepperoni pizza rolls at home. These are a great take on a regular pepperoni pizza meets garlic cheese rolls.
Our family is crazy about these pizza rolls! The pizza sauce recipe also makes a perfect dipping sauce for these cheese, warm rolls.
How to make Pepperoni Pizza Rolls
To make this homemade pizza roll recipe, start with a simple pizza dough. I like to use my homemade pizza dough, but a store bought pizza dough will work as well.
To make the pizza dough, start by combining all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl or stand mixer with the dough hook attachment.
I prefer to use an instant yeast, that way everything can be mixed together and the yeast does not need to proof for 5 minutes before using.
Full ingredient measurements and recipe instructions can be found in the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
Cover the dough and let it rise for 10 minutes.
While the dough is rising, mix together the pizza sauce recipe. Store bought marinara can be used as well if you don’t want to make your own.
After 10 minutes, roll out the dough into a large circle-rectangle shape.
Spread some of the pizza sauce over the pizza dough that has been rolled out. Slice the pizza dough into equal strips to roll the pizza rolls into rolls.
Sprinkle grated mozzarella cheese over the dough that has been sliced into strips.
Next, layer on pepperoni and roll up the pizza roll from one end to the other. I like to place the pepperoni on the roll, so that it sticks out of the top of the roll and looks like a flower when it is all rolled up.
This will also allow the pepperoni to cook and become crisp on the top of the rolls, which makes for a delicious bite every time!
Place the rolls into an oven safe pan, like a cast iron pan, 9 x 13 baking dish or even a pie pan. Leave a little space between the rolls to allow them to expand.
Cover the pan and allow the rolls to rise for about 30 minutes while the oven heats up to 450º F.
The pizza rolls will cook for about 15-17 minutes, until they are puffy, the cheese is melted and the pepperoni is crisp on top.
How to serve Pizza Rolls
These pizza rolls are delicious served with your favorite dipping sauces like marinara or even alfredo sauce.
Making Pizza Rolls Ahead
Pizza rolls are easy to make ahead and freeze for a future event or meal. To freeze the pizza rolls, make them up to the point just before you place them into a pan. They can either be frozen in a large zip top bag, or in a foil pan for easy baking.
Freeze for up to 3 months.
To bake, take out of the freezer and allow to thaw for 1-1 1/2 hours before baking. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until brown and the cheese is bubbly.
Pepperoni Pizza Rolls
If you are looking for other Family Friendly meals or desserts follow along with me on YouTube or Facebook where I share simple recipes to help you with Feeding Your Fam! Make sure to subscribe so you will be notified each time I post a new video!
⭐️ ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️Tried it and just loved it? Leave me a rating! I would love to hear how it turned out for you! Or even snap a photo and tag me on Instagram @feedingyourfam or #feedingyourfam so I can see what you made!
Pepperoni Pizza Rolls
- 2-2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 1/4 teaspoons instant yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup warm water (not hotter than 125ºF)
- 1 15 ounce can of tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasonings
- 6 ounces pepperoni
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese shredded
- In a large mixing bowl or stand mixer, combine 2 cups of the flour, yeast, sugar, salt and olive oil. Add in the water 1/2 cup at time, mixing in between.
- Mix the dough, kneading in the bowl for about 5 minutes until it pulls away from the sides of the bowl. Add more flour if needed.
- Cover the dough and allow to rise in a warm spot for 10 minutes.
- Roll the dough out into a large rectangle
- In a bowl, combine all of the ingredients for the pizza sauce. Whisk together until the sugar is dissolved and everything is well combined.
- Spread a layer of sauce over the pizza dough
- Using a sharp knife of pizza cutter, slice the dough into 1- 1 1/2 strips
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over the dough
- Starting with one of the end strips, place pepperonis along the edge of the strip of dough, so that some of it is outside of the strip.
- Roll the pizza roll up from one end to the other and place into a greased oven safe pan, pie tin or 9 x 13 inch baking pan
- Continue rolling the pizza rolls and place into the pan, leaving space between the rolls
- Cover and allow to rise for 30 minutes while the oven heats to 450º F
- Bake the rolls for 15-18 minutes, until browned and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Nutrition facts are just an estimate
- Store any leftover pizza rolls in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days