This simple Alfredo Sauce recipe is rich, creamy and so easy to make. Made with butter, heavy cream, garlic and parmesan. Perfect for pairing with your favorite pasta or use it as a delicious dipping sauce for breadsticks or even a warm stromboli.
Homemade Alfredo Sauce is about to become a go to sauce in your kitchen. It is so simple to put together and can be used in so many delicious ways, like in this Asiago Chicken Alfredo. So whether you are a busy family that needs to get dinner done and on the table quick or you just want to make a recipe for yourself or something to impress a date, this Alfredo sauce can do it all!
The flavors in this Alfredo Recipe are buttery, garlicky and absolutely delicious. I can’t wait for you to make this recipe for the whole fam and make it a regular on your weekly menu.
Easy Alfredo Sauce Ingredients
This easy Alfredo sauce recipe only takes 5 simple ingredients that can always be found at your local supermarket. All you need to make this Fettuccine Alfredo sauce is:
Full ingredient measurements and recipe instructions can be found in the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
How to make Alfredo Sauce
Alfredo sauce is so easy to make and can be ready in just a few minutes, probably even before the pasta is done cooking. Let’s walk through the simple steps with some tips on how to make this easy pasta sauce recipe.
Step 1: start with a large skillet over medium heat on the stove. Add in the butter and allow to melt. Make sure your burner is not too hot, you don’t want the butter to brown.
Step 2: add in the minced garlic. I like to use fresh garlic cloves and mince them in my garlic press, makes it quick and easy. Cook and stir the garlic constantly for about 30 seconds.
Step 3: pour the cream into the pan with the butter and garlic, season with salt, black pepper and nutmeg (if using). Turn the heat down to medium low and allow the sauce to come to a boil. Continue to simmer and stir the sauce, scrapping down the sides as you stir, until it thickens.
Step 4: remove the sauce from the heat and add in the parmesan cheese. Stir until it is melted and well incorporated into the Alfredo sauce.
Step 5: add pasta to the sauce and toss with the sauce to coat. If your sauce is too thin add small amounts of pasta water reserved from cooking the pasta into the pan with the pasta and stir until it reaches your desired consistency.
What to do with Leftovers
Store any leftovers in the refrigerator in an air tight container for up to 3 days.
How to Reheat Alfredo Sauce
Cream sauces like this Alfredo sauce can be really tricky to reheat. If they get too hot too quick the cream will break and you will be left with a greasy mess. Try these tricks to reheat your Alfredo easily.
- on the stovetop, place it in a pan over low heat and stir continually until heated through
- in the microwave, turn the power on your microwave down to 50% and heat in 30 second increments, stirring in between.
- in the oven, place into a shallow baking dish and cover with foil, heat at 300º F for 10-12 minutes, give it a good stir before serving.
What to Serve with Alfredo:
- Dutch Oven Bread with Garlic Butter
- Roast Broccoli from Frozen
- Cucumber Tomato Salad
- Greek Garden Salad
If you are looking for other Family Friendly meals or desserts follow along with me on YouTube or Facebook where I share simple recipes to help you with Feeding Your Fam! Make sure to subscribe so you will be notified each time I post a new video!
⭐️ ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️Tried it and just loved it? Leave me a rating! I would love to hear how it turned out for you! Or even snap a photo and tag me on Instagram @feedingyourfam or #feedingyourfam so I can see what you made!
Alfredo Sauce Recipe
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream room temperature
- 1/2 cup parmesan grated
- 1 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper or to taste
- pinch ground nutmeg optional
- Place a large skillet over medium heat and add butter.
- Melt butter and add in the garlic. Cook and stir for 30 seconds until the garlic is fragrant.
- Pour in the heavy cream, salt, black pepper and nutmeg, turn the heat down to medium low and bring the sauce up to a simmer. Continue to simmer the sauce, stirring continually, being sure to scrape down the sides as you stir, until the sauce thickens.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the parmesan cheese until it is melted and the sauce is smooth and creamy.
- Nutrition facts are just an estimate
- mix pasta with sauce before serving