This easy recipe for Chicken Stir Fry is loaded with vegetables and so much flavor from the simple stir fry sauce, and always so much better than ordering take out. Chicken Stir is ready in under 30 minutes and checks all the boxes for a healthy dinner. Serve this with a simple Fried Rice and dinner is done!
This easy chicken stir fry is one of my go to meals during the week, honestly this would be my last meal request if I had to chose one. Loaded with veggies and chicken, this to me is the perfect meal…or maybe it’s the sauce that I love so much…or it could be that it is so easy and quick to make. So much to love!!
Chicken Stir Fry is all cooked in one pan, which is such a sanity saver for long days and busy nights. Our fam loves making quick, one pan meals like London Broil Sheet Pan or even Sheet Pan Shrimp Fajitas. Another bonus is all the vegetables you can pack into this simple stir fry, there really are so many options, and everyone gobbles them up when they are covered in the stir fry sauce.
How to make Chicken Stir Fry
Start by cutting boneless, skinless chicken breasts (or thighs) into bit sized pieces. Cook the chicken in just a little bit of vegetable oil until browned and cooked through. I like to remove the cooked chicken to a clean bowl and then cook the vegetables.
Cook and stir the vegetables for 3-5 minutes until they are heated through and still crisp, you don’t want mushy veggies in your stir fry. Add the chicken back in and make the sauce.
Easy Stir Fry Sauce:
This stir fry sauce has simple ingredients, add so much flavor and is easy to make. Some essential ingredients in this sauce are:
- Sesame Oil- a little bit goes a long way with sesame oil, so add it carefully
- Soy Sauce- a must when making stir fry or any Asian food really. Adds saltiness as well
- Sriracha- totally optional, but adds a little kick to this sauce
- Brown Sugar- the perfect balance of sweet and salty
- Corn Starch- used to help thicken up the sauce
- Ginger- fresh is best, but you can also use ground ginger if that is all you have
- Garlic- a must in this simple dish
The sauce really makes this easy chicken stir fry. It is awesome drizzled over rice, ramen, rice noodles or you can even substitute the chicken for beef and make a beef stir fry.
After the sauce is added into the pan with the chicken and vegetables, bring the sauce up to a simmer and stir until it thickens and coats everything.
Vegetables for Stir Fry
This is where you can really make this recipe your own, or just make this with whatever is lingering in your vegetable drawer. For this recipe I used:
- Red Peppers
Other vegetables we like to use in stir fry are:
- Snap Peas
- Green Onions
- Yellow Squash
So many possibilities and variations can be made with this stir fry recipe.
Chicken Stir Fry Recipe
If you are looking for other Family Friendly meals or desserts follow along with me on YouTube or Facebook where I share simple recipes to help you with Feeding Your Fam! Make sure to subscribe so you will be notified each time I post a new video!
Tried it and just loved it? Leave me a rating! I would love to hear how it turned out for you! Or even snap a photo and tag me on Instagram @feedingyourfam or #feedingyourfam so I can see what you made!
Chicken Stir Fry
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup matchstick carrots
- 2 cups broccoli, chopped
- 1/2 cup red pepper, sliced
- 8 oz mushrooms
- 1/2 yellow onion, sliced thin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 3 tbsp canola or vegetable oil
Stir Fry Sauce
- 6 tbsp soy sauce
- 6 tbsp water
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 1 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp sriracha (chili sauce)
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp fresh ground ginger
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp sesame seeds, for garnish (optional)
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken, cook and stir for about 5-6 minutes until browned and cooked through. Remove the chicken to a clean bowl.
- Add in the vegetables and cook and stir until just tender, 3-5 minutes
- Add the chicken back into the pan with the vegetables.
- Combine the ingredients for the stir fry sauce and stir until smooth
- Pour the stir fry sauce over the chicken and vegetables and bring to a simmer until the sauce thickens and coats everything.
- Garnish with sesame seeds if desired.
- Serve over hot rice, ramen noodles or even rice noodles
This easy recipe for Chicken Stir Fry is loaded with vegetables and so much flavor from the simple stir fry sauce, and always so much better than ordering take out. Chicken Stir is ready in under 30 minutes and checks all the boxes for a healthy dinner.
Other Simple Dinner Ideas: