This Easy Stir Fry Sauce is made with just a few ingredients, but adds so much flavor to a big old pot of cooked chicken and vegetables. Perfect for making a simple Chicken Stir Fry. Made with soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, garlic, ginger and just a bit of brown sugar.
This Easy Stir Fry Sauce Recipe is super versatile, we use it all the time on different dishes. This sauce can be used with Beef and Broccoli, Beef Stir Fry, we even love to cook up some chicken and veggies, mix with cooked ramen noodles and drench in this sauce…..SO GOOD!! Once you try this sauce, you too will find so many ways to mix it into your meals!
The Best Stir Fry Sauce Ingredients
To make this simple, flavorful sauce you will need just a few simple ingredients, hopefully things you already have in your kitchen. If you don’t have these items, I highly recommend you pick some up and have them on hand for that moment when a stir fry craving hits!!
- Soy Sauce- absolutely the main ingredient in this recipe. Soy Sauce adds saltiness and so much flavor to any Asian dish
- Water- helps balance out the strong flavor of the Soy Sauce
- Rice Vinegar- just a bit of tang in this ingredient
- Corn Starch- used to thicken up the sauce so it will coat all of the meat and veggies
- Sesame Oil- a little bit goes a long way, but you will definitely miss it if you don’t use this ingredient
- Chili Sauce- or Sriracha, adds a little kick of heat to this dish
- Brown Sugar- the perfect balance of sweet, spicy and salty
- Ground Ginger- I prefer to use fresh ginger root, but if you just have dried ginger, you ahead and substitute that
- Garlic Powder- extra flavor punch from the garlic
- Sesame Seeds- these are optional, but add some crunch and flavor to any dish
Simply stir together all of the sauce ingredients except the sesame seeds, you can sprinkle those on just before serving your dish. Pour the sauce into the pan with the cooked veggies and meat, bring to a simmer and stir until the sauce has thickened and everything is evenly coated in the stir fry sauce.
Stir Fry Sauce Recipe
If you are looking for other Family Friendly meals or desserts follow along with me on YouTube or Facebook where I share simple recipes to help you with Feeding Your Fam! Make sure to subscribe so you will be notified each time I post a new video!
Tried it and just loved it? Leave me a rating! I would love to hear how it turned out for you! Or even snap a photo and tag me on Instagram @feedingyourfam or #feedingyourfam so I can see what you made!
Stir Fry Sauce
- 6 tbsp soy sauce
- 6 tbsp water
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 1 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp hot sauce, sriracha (or more to taste)
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp fresh ground ginger
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp sesame seeds, for garnish (optional)
- Combine all of the ingredients but the sesame seeds in a mixing bowl or large measuring cup. Stir until smooth
- Pour over cooked meat and vegetables and bring to a simmer. Continue to simmer and stir until the sauce thickens and evenly coats all of the meat and vegetables.
This Easy Stir Fry Sauce is made with just a few ingredients, but adds so much flavor to a big old pot of cooked chicken and vegetables. Made with soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, garlic, ginger and just a bit of brown sugar.