Garlic Butter is such a simple recipe to make to add a whole lot of flavor to so many dishes. This garlic butter recipe only takes 4 ingredients. Slather this garlic butter over freshly baked bread, use to butter grilled cheese sandwiches or make these delicious Garlic Cheese Rolls.
Homemade Garlic Butter
Homemade Garlic Butter is one condiment we always have on hand. There are so many delicious ways to include garlic butter into your everyday cooking. I know I listed some above, but let me just give you a few more ways to add more flavor to simple recipes. In addition to the recipes above, we like to add garlic butter to the following for simple, easy dinner or even snack ideas:
- Add to cooked vegetables like: broccoli, asparagus, cauliflower, peas, carrots, green beans or even artichokes.
- Melt over cooked proteins such as chicken, steaks, salmon, shrimp or pork.
- Slather on bread for a simple side dish
- Mix into cooked pasta for a quick, flavorful sauce
Ingredients for Garlic Butter
For this easy homemade garlic butter recipe you will only need four basic ingredients. These are the items you will need to pick up, or check your pantry:
- Butter: I prefer to make this recipe with unsalted butter so I can adjust the saltiness as needed.
- Grated Parmesan Cheese: a nice parmesan cheese will add so much flavor when used in this recipe
- Dried Parsley
- Garlic Powder: I use garlic powder so it will dissolve nicely into the butter, fresh minced garlic can be used if you prefer
- Salt: optional depending on which butter is used and if you feel it needs additional salt
How to make Garlic Butter
To make this simple Garlic Butter Recipe, start will your butter at room temperature so it is soft to work with.
Place the butter into a mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer until it is smooth. Once the butter is smooth, add in the parmesan cheese, garlic powder and dried parsley.
Mix until well combined, scrapping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
Give the garlic butter a taste test to see if additional salt is needed. I like to just spread a little on a slice of bread to check the flavor.
How to Store Homemade Garlic Butter
Once your garlic butter has been made, place into an air tight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
This butter can also be frozen for up to 3 months in an air tight container. Garlic butter can be thawed in the refrigerator or on the counter top when ready to use.
Garlic Butter Recipe
If you are looking for other Family Friendly meals or desserts follow along with me on YouTube or Facebook where I share simple recipes to help you with Feeding Your Fam! Make sure to subscribe so you will be notified each time I post a new video!
⭐️ ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️Tried it and just loved it? Leave me a rating! I would love to hear how it turned out for you! Or even snap a photo and tag me on Instagram @feedingyourfam or #feedingyourfam so I can see what you made!
Garlic Butter Recipe
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- salt to taste
- In a mixing bowl beat the butter with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add in the parsley, garlic powder and parmesan cheese. Mix until well combined.
- Add salt as needed.
- Store homemade garlic butter in the refrigerator for up to 15 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
- Be sure to store in an air tight container and thaw on the counter or refrigerator
Garlic Butter is such a simple recipe to make to add a whole lot of flavor to so many dishes. This garlic butter recipe only takes 4 ingredients.