Lasagna Soup made with ground beef, tomato sauce, cheese, lasagna noodles and other simple ingredients is perfect for a quick and easy dinner. With all the flavors of traditional lasagna this soup will be one your fam with want to have over and over.
This easy lasagna soup recipe is pure comfort food. We love to add some ricotta cheese, or even some cottage cheese and fresh basil to the top of this soup when serving. Lasagna soup is really so simple to make, perfect for those busy nights when you want something warm and delicious.
One Pot Lasagna Soup Ingredients
It is so easy to make lasagna soup and it takes basic, pantry ingredients, things you probably already have on hand in your home. To make this simple lasagna soup recipe you will need:
Full ingredient measurements and recipe instructions can be found in the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
How to Make Lasagna Soup
This easy homemade lasagna soup recipe comes together pretty quick with just a few steps, perfect for any night of the week. Let’s walk through the simple steps with tips and tricks to make lasagna soup:
Step 1: Start with a large 6 quart pan over medium high heat. Add in some olive oil and the one pound of ground beef. Brown the ground beef in the pan for 3-4 minutes. If your beef is really greasy, remove the grease from the pan by dabbing with a paper towel before moving on to the next step.
Step 2: Add in the onion and garlic and continue to cook and stir for 1 minute until the onion starts to soften.
Step 3: Add in the tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, chicken broth and seasonings. Stir to combine and bring to a boil.
Step 4: Add the broken lasagna noodles into the pan and cook for 10-12 minutes until the pasta is cooked through. Another shape of pasta can be used if you don’t have any lasagna noodles.
Step 5: lastly, remove the pot from the heat and add in the shredded mozzarella and parmesan cheeses. Stir the cheeses into the soup until they are melted.
Step 6: serve the soup with fresh basil and ricotta cheese for that authentic lasagna flavor.
How to Store Leftover Lasagna Soup
If you have any leftover lasagna soup, place into an air tight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
This soup is also perfect for freezing, place into the freezer for up to 3 months. To reheat, place in the microwave and heat up for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently.
Reheat this soup in a pot over medium low heat, stirring constantly until heated through.
What to Serve with Lasagna Soup
This soup is a delicious meal on its own, but if you need a little more, these are great sides to serve with this soup:
Lasagna Soup Add Ins:
- add chopped carrots and zucchini with the onion and cook and stir
- add spinach before adding in the cheese, stir until it is wilted
- serve with ricotta cheese and fresh basil
If you are looking for other Family Friendly meals or desserts follow along with me on YouTube or Facebook where I share simple recipes to help you with Feeding Your Fam! Make sure to subscribe so you will be notified each time I post a new video!
⭐️ ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️Tried it and just loved it? Leave me a rating! I would love to hear how it turned out for you! Or even snap a photo and tag me on Instagram @feedingyourfam or #feedingyourfam so I can see what you made!
Lasagna Soup Recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tomato sauce 15 ounce can
- 1 diced tomatoes 14.5 ounce can
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 8-10 lasagna noodles uncooked
- 1 cup mozzarella shredded
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese shredded
- In a large 6 quart pot over medium heat, add some olive oil and the one pound of ground beef. Brown the ground beef in the pan for 3-4 minutes. Remove any additional grease with a paper towel if needed.
- Add in the onion and garlic and continue to cook and stir for 1 minute until the onion starts to soften.
- Add in the tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, chicken broth and seasonings. Stir to combine and bring to a boil.
- Break the lasagna noodles into smaller pieces and add to the pot. Cook for 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally until the pasta is cooked through.
- Remove the pot from the heat and stir in the mozzarella and parmesan cheeses.
- Nutrition facts are just an estimate
- serve with ricotta cheese and fresh basil
- this soup is east to modify with additional vegetables
- add in carrots and zucchini with the onion
- add spinach in just before adding the cheeses