Creamy Chicken and Spinach Pasta is a simple and delicious weeknight meal that you will come back to time and time again.
This dish came about because of my love for all things creamy!! I could eat creamy Alfredo sauces everyday!! This recipe is similar to my Creamy Tomato Sausage Pasta. If you love Creamy Tuscan Chicken Recipes, then you are going to love this simple Creamy Spinach and Chicken Pasta recipe. Most of the ingredients you probably already have in your pantry!
Creamy Spinach and Chicken Pasta is perfect for a simple and quick weeknight meal when you have got a million other things going on. This one is also top of my list to make when we have company, it is like a dish right out of the Olive Garden, your guests will be impressed!!
How to Make Creamy Spinach and Chicken Pasta
- Start by browning the seasoned chicken thighs in a large skillet with olive oil. If you don’t have (or don’t like) chicken thighs, chicken breasts work well in this recipe as well.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet and add in the chopped onion and minced garlic. Saute these for 2-3 minutes until fragrant and translucent
- Pour in the tomatoes and cream and bring to a simmer, then add in the spinach and stir to combine, it will wilt down as it begins to heat up.
- Lastly add back in the chicken and allow it to continue to cook for another 15-20 minutes, until it is cooked through.
- Sprinkle with some grated parmesan and fresh basil
- It really is that easy and always a hit with the whole FAM!!!
How to Serve Creamy Chicken and Spinach Pasta
This dish goes perfect with a cooked vegetable like these GARLIC PARMESAN GREEN BEANS. This dish goes great served over a thin pasta such as thin spaghetti noodles or Vermiccelli noodles. If you don’t have these on hand, use your favorite pasta, or eat it on it’s own, either way, this one is a winner!!
How to Store Leftovers
If the anomaly known as leftovers does occur, these can easily be stored in an air tight container in the refrigerator. Chicken is good for up to 3 days in the refrigerator. When reheating be sure to stir continually to help prevent the cream in the sauce from separating.
Creamy Chicken and Spinach Pasta Recipe
Creamy Chicken and Spinach Pasta
- 4 Chicken Thighs (or breasts)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 14.5 oz can Italian diced tomatoes
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- 6 oz thin spaghetti
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large of of water to a boil. Season with salt and add pasta. Cook until done about 10-12 minutes. Drain.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, pour in olive oil and allow to heat up 1-2 minutes. Place chicken thighs in the skillet and brown on both sides 3-4 minutes each side.
- Remove the browned chicken from the skillet to a clean plate. To the skillet add the onion and garlic. Saute for 2-3 minutes until fragrant and translucent.
- To the onion and garlic add the can of Italian tomatoes and heavy cream, stir to combine. Bring to a simmer and add the fresh spinach, stir to coat the spinach in the tomato cream sauce.
- Place the chicken back in the skillet and bring the sauce up to a simmer. Allow to simmer, stirring occasionally, until the chicken has cooked through (165ºF) and the sauce has thickened about 15-20 minutes.
- Serve over cooked pasta.