This one pan oven roasted chicken and veggies is such an easy, healthy meal! Glazed with a simple honey mustard glazed, this is always a favorite for dinner!
If your fam is anything like ours, you are always looking for something that everyone will eat. It can get tricky, I feel ya!! This oven roasted chicken and veggies recipe does contain Brussels Sprouts which can be one of those controversial vegetables that either you love or hateLet me reassure you here, your fam will eat these. I mean, even my kids did. Everything in this recipe is covered and baked in a delicious honey butter glaze which make even the scariest vegetables taste amazing! Don’t be afraid of the greens, just give them a try!
How to make One Pan Roasted Chicken and Veggies
It really only takes a few minutes to prep this Oven Roasted Chicken and Veggies Recipe.
- Prepare the boneless skinless chicken thighs by patting dry with a paper towel, make sure to quickly discard, you don’t want that hanging around your kitchen.
- Season the chicken on both sides with salt, pepper and dried rosemary.
- Prepare the Brussels sprouts by removing the stem and any dried leaves from the outsides. Slice in half lengthwise.
- In a 12 inch oven safe casserole pan, cast iron pan or skillet melt 2 tbsp butter and 2 tbsp honey over medium heat. Add the chicken to the pan and brown for 3-5 minutes on each side.
- Add the additional butter and honey to the pan. Place the carrots and Brussels sprouts in the pan and coat with the butter and honey.
- Bake the chicken and veggies in a 450ºF oven for 20-25 minutes, until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165ºF
- Remove from the oven and drizzle with some of the pan drippings before serving
Shopping List for One Pan Chicken and Veggies
To make this simple One Pan Chicken and Veggies Recipe you will need the following:
- boneless skinless chicken thighs
- baby carrots
- Brussels sprouts
- butter, unsalted
This is a fairly cheap recipe which is always a win win when feeding your fam!!
Can I use Chicken Breasts instead of Chicken Thighs?
For this one pan chicken and vegetables recipe, you can use boneless skinless chicken breasts in place of the chicken thighs. You might need to adjusts your cooking time and add a little more time depending on the size of your chicken breasts. Cook the recipe the same as instructed in the recipe card.
One Pan Chicken and Veggies
- 6 chicken thighs, boneless and skinless
- 3 tbsp butter, unsalted
- 3 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts, cut in half
- 1 1/2 cups baby carrots
- Preheat oven to 450ºF
- Prepare chicken by patting dry with a paper towel. Discard the towel. Season the chicken thighs on both sides with salt, pepper and rosemary.
- In a 12 inch oven safe pan over medium heat melt 2 tablespoons butter and 2 tablespoons honey. Place the chicken in the pan with the melted butter and brown on each side for 3-4 minutes.
- Once the chicken is browned on each side add the remaining butter and honey. Place the vegetables in the pan around the chicken and stir to coat in the melted honey and butter. Season with additional salt and pepper as desired.
- Place in the oven and cook for 20-25 minutes, until the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165ºF and is cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and drizzle with pan juices before serving.
Other Simple One Pan Meals:
This Easy One Pan Chicken and Veggies recipe is one that is on repeat at our house. Not only is it easy, it is fast and super tasty! Perfect for a quick meal on a crazy night….or just a quick meal because you don’t want to be cooking all day!!