Making mixed berry tarts with phyllo dough is such a simple and impressive way to make an easy dessert. These berry tarts have a crunchy phyllo dough crust filled with vanilla greek yogurt and fresh berries marinated in lemon juice and honey.
Phyllo Dough Desserts
Phyllo dough is very thin pastry that is often used in Middle Eastern or Mediterranean dishes and can be used in both sweet and savory dishes.
It is perfect for this berry tart recipe, it makes it so simple to make a delicious cup-like crust that can be filled with sweet yogurt and fresh berries.
Phyllo dough can be found at most grocery stores, usually in the freezer section near the pre-made pie crusts or puff pastry.
How to Make Easy Berry Tarts
First combine the fresh fruits in a large mixing bowl. Add in the lemon juice and honey and toss the fruit until it is all coated.
Allow the fruit to marinade for at least one hour If possible before topping the tarts. This will just help develop the flavors. If you don’t have an hour to wait, the fruit is fine to be used right away as well.
Next, make the phyllo dough tart cups. Spray a muffin tin pan with cooking spray so the dough will crisp up and not stick to the pan.
Layer the thawed phyllo dough with 8-10 sheets. Use a sharp knife to cut the dough into 12, 4-inch square pieces.
Press the squares into the muffin pan so the sides fold in slightly, but being sure to leave a space in the center so you can fill the cups with yogurt and fruit.
Bake in a 350º F oven for 15 minutes, until the tart cups are golden brown. Allow to cool before filling with vanilla greek yogurt and topping with fruit.
Note: pre-made phyllo cups can also be found in the freezer section to make this even easier to make
Ingredients for Easy Berry Tarts
Making these berry tarts really couldn’t be any easier! To make this simple dessert recipe, you will need the following:
- phyllo dough– found in the freezer section at the store and is thin pastry sheets
- berries– using a mix of berries, like strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries adds a lot of color and fun flavor. If you only have one berry, that will work perfectly with this recipe as well.
- vanilla greek yogurt– greek yogurt is a bit thicker than plain yogurt and works perfect to fill the phyllo dough cups
- honey– the perfect touch of sweetness when mixed with the berries
- lemon– a beautiful balance to the sweetness of the berries and honey
Full ingredient measurements and recipe instructions can be found in the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
Berry Tarts Recipe
If you are looking for other Family Friendly meals or desserts follow along with me on YouTube or Facebook where I share simple recipes to help you with Feeding Your Fam! Make sure to subscribe so you will be notified each time I post a new video!
⭐️ ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️Tried it and just loved it? Leave me a rating! I would love to hear how it turned out for you! Or even snap a photo and tag me on Instagram @feedingyourfam or #feedingyourfam so I can see what you made!
Other simple fruit dessert recipes we love:
- 1 1/2 cups strawberries thinly sliced
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 8 sheets phyllo dough thawed
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350º F and spray a muffin tin with cooking spray
- In a mixing bowl, combine the strawberries, blueberries and raspberries. Pour in the honey and lemon juice and toss to coat. Allow to sit and marinate for up to 30 minutes.
- Use a sharp knife to slice through the sheets of phyllo dough, cutting them into 3-4 inch squares.
- Press the dough squares into the prepared muffin tin. Bake for 15 minutes, until browned.
- Allow the phyllo cups to cool before filling with 2 tablespoons of yogurt and topping with the fresh berries.
- Nutrition facts are just an estimate.
- The phyllo cups can be made a few days in advance of when you will be serving, fill just before serving