Cranberry Orange Bread with a simple orange glaze is a holiday classic quick bread. It cooks up moist and delicious, perfect for breakfast, lunch, dinner or a simple snack.
Cranberry Bread with Orange Glaze
If you are looking for something simple to bake for the holidays for your fam or even as a gift to give away to friends, this Cranberry Orange Bread is it! Quick breads are sweet, take just a few ingredients and to me are like a big muffin in bread form.
This Cranberry Bread includes a recipe for a delicious Orange Glaze that adds a ton of flavor. It is up to you if you dredge the bread in this glaze or not, it really is amazing without it, but the orange, citrus flavor adds so much to this bread.
Full ingredient measurements and recipe instructions can be found in the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
Tips for making Cranberry Orange Quick Bread
- Using fresh cranberries is best when baking this bread. Frozen cranberries can be used as well, just allow to thaw a little before adding to the batter
- Bake until a toothpick comes out clean when placed into the center of the bread
- Don’t turn off the timer and forget your bread is in the oven like I did!!
- Do not over mix the bread batter, this will make the bread a bit tough
- It is best to let the bread cool completely before slicing and covering with the glaze
- This recipe makes one large loaf in a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan
How to Store and Freeze Cranberry Orange Bread
To Store: Cranberry bread can be kept wrapped in plastic wrap or in a bag on the counter for up to 3 days
To Freeze: This quick bread can be frozen, wrapped in plastic wrap or place in a freezer bag and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw on the counter.
If you are looking for other Family Friendly meals or desserts follow along with me on YouTube or Facebook where I share simple recipes to help you with Feeding Your Fam! Make sure to subscribe so you will be notified each time I post a new video!
⭐️ ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️Tried it and just loved it? Leave me a rating! I would love to hear how it turned out for you! Or even snap a photo and tag me on Instagram @feedingyourfam or #feedingyourfam so I can see what you made!
Cranberry Orange Bread
- ½ cup unsalted butter softened
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1/3 cup sour cream room temperature
- 1/4 cup orange juice fresh squeezed
- zest of one orange
- 1 ½ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cranberries fresh
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- Preheat oven to 350℉. Grease a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan
- In a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer, cream together softened butter, sugar, eggs and sour cream until well combined. Mix in the orange juice and zest.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix with an electic mixer on low speed until combined, scraping the sides as needed.
- Stir cranberries into the batter with a spatula until just combined.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake at 350℉ for 45-50 minutes until the top is golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes then remove from pan to a wire cooling rack to cool completely before pouring on glaze.
- Prepare the glaze in a bowl by whisking together the powdered sugar, orange juice and zest until smooth.
- Pour or spread the glaze over completely cooled bread.
- Nutrition information is just an estimate and this was for the whole loaf of bread
- Do not over mix the bread batter
- Fresh or frozen cranberries can be used in this recipe
- If using frozen, allow them to thaw before using in the batter
- This recipe can be split into two smaller loaf pans and baked for 30-40 minutes