This Berry Crisp Recipe is a simple, refreshing fruit dessert. Packed with strawberries, raspberries and blueberries this triple berry crisp is a special treat! You are going to love how easy this treat is to make; you can feed the whole fam with one pan and everyone always loves this dessert.Looking for other simple fruit dessert recipes check out my recipes for Strawberry Trifle and Skillet Caramelized Peaches
Triple Berry Crisp is one of our go to desserts! We just love the sweet flavors of the fruits mixed with the granola like crisp on top, in fact, my husband always requests more crisp than fruit when we make this! This cast iron dessert is easy to make in just a few steps and is always a crowd pleaser. Serve with a scoop of ice cream of whipped cream and that sweet tooth is satisfied!
Berry Crisp Filling Ingredients
- Strawberries: Fresh strawberries make up the bulk of this berry filling. Simply slice the strawberries in half and then into smaller sliced pieces.
- Raspberries: these add a little bit of tart sweetness to this dish
- Blueberries: the perfect addition to a triple berry dessert
- Lemon Juice and Lemon Zest: Adds a bright flavor
- Cinnamon: just a little bit is all you need for a whole lot of flavor
- Sugar: for sweetness
- Flour: helps to thicken up the filling
Crisp Topping Ingredients
- Butter: keep the butter cold. I prefer to use unsalted, if you are using salted, adjust the amount of salt you add to the topping
- Brown Sugar: helps to caramelize the topping
To make this simple berry crisp recipe, start by combining the three berries. Sprinkle on the cinnamon, sugar and flour, gentle stir to coat all of the berries. Squeeze on the lemon juice and add the lemon zest, stir to combine.
Pour out the berry mixture into a 12″ cast iron/oven safe pan. If you do not own a cast iron or oven safe pan, this can be cooked in an 11 x 7 baking dish as well.
For the crisp topping, in a food processor or blender combine the butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, flour and oats. Pulse until the mixture is well combined and all the butter has been broken up into small pieces. This should resemble an almost thick sand-like mixture.
Sprinkle the crisp topping over the top of the triple berry mixture making sure to fully cover as much as possible.
Place the crisp in the oven and bake for 30 minutes, until the berries are hot and bubbling and the crisp topping has turned golden brown.
How to Serve Berry Crisp
This dessert is delicious on its own, eat it straight from the pan if you like. We like to serve it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or even with a bit of fresh whipped cream.
Can I use frozen berries in berry crisp?
You can use frozen berries in this berry crisp recipe if you can not find any fresh berries. I suggest you thaw the berries in the fridge overnight before using them in this recipe.
Use just the berries and don’t add all of the juices leftover from thawing the berries when making this recipe.
Berry Crisp Recipe
Berry Filling Ingredients
- 3 cups strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp flour
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp lemon zest
Crisp Topping Ingredients
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, cold
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 375º F
Berry Filling Instructions
- In a large mixing bowl combine the strawberries, raspberries and blueberries. Sprinkle with the sugar, cinnamon and flour, gently stir to coat
- Add in the lemon juice and lemon zest, stir to coat and combine
- Pour the berry mixture into a 12 inch cast iron pan
Crisp Topping Instructions
- In a food processor or blender combine the ingredients for the crumb topping. Pulse to combine until the mixture is well blended and a thick, sand-like mixture is formed.
- Sprinkle the crisp mixture over the top of the berries and bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, until the berries are hot and bubbly and the topping is golden brown.
- If you do not have a cast iron pan, this recipe can also be made in an 11 x 7 baking dish.
This Berry Crisp Recipe is a simple, refreshing fruit dessert. Packed with strawberries, raspberries and blueberries this triple berry crisp is a special treat! You are going to love how easy this treat is to make; you can feed the whole fam with one pan and everyone always loves this dessert.