Easy Homemade Fresh Peach Cobbler is so easy to make and is perfect for a quick and delicious dessert. Peach cobbler starts with a cake like batter then fresh peaches are layered on top and baked right into the cake to make a sweet and delicious treat.
Fresh Peach Cobbler
I know I can’t be the only person who looks forward to peach season every summer! If you live in a place where it is always peach season, I want to be you!! I can’t ever get enough of this sweet fruit, it is so good on its own, but we also love using it for simple treats like this peach cobbler or even these Skillet Caramelized Peaches
This peach cobbler recipe comes together in just a few minutes and bakes up sweet and delicious. Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and drizzle of caramel sauce for an easy dessert.
Peach Cobbler Ingredients
The ingredients for peach cobbler are all items you probably already have in your home kitchen, besides the fresh peaches. For this simple dessert recipe you will be using:
- butter– I always like to bake with unsalted butter, then I can adjust the salt flavor as needed
- milk– I like to use 2% or whole milk for this recipe
- flour– just good old all purpose flour
- baking powder
- fresh peaches– yellow peaches work best for baking
How to make Peach Cobbler
I like to make this peach cobbler recipe right in my 12 inch cast iron skillet. This can also be made in a saucepan and then poured into a 9 x 13 inch baking dish before it is baked in the oven.
Start with your pan over medium heat and add in the butter. Stir until it is fully melted.
Next, add in the sugar and stir until the sugar starts to dissolve in the butter.
You can just mix the whole cake batter right in the pan. After the sugar has been mixed with the butter, add in milk and vanilla and stir to combine.
Next, pour in the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt and stir to combine. It’s okay if there are a few lumps in the batter.
Lastly, slice the yellow peaches and layer on top of the cake batter. Bake in a 375º F oven for 35-40 minutes. Until the cake is golden on top.
What to do with Leftover Cobbler
Cobbler is always best eaten fresh out of the oven, but I’ll be honest, it’s delicious for breakfast the next day too!
Allow the cobbler to cool and transfer to an air tight container, or cover with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator for up to three days.
To reheat the cobbler, scoop out the portion you would like to a separate bowl and microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
If you need to reheat the whole pan, place into a 375º F oven and bake for 10-15 minutes, until heated through.
Fresh Peach Cobbler Recipe
Looking for other fruit dessert recipes? Check out my recipes for:
If you are looking for other Family Friendly meals or desserts follow along with me on YouTube or Facebook where I share simple recipes to help you with Feeding Your Fam! Make sure to subscribe so you will be notified each time I post a new video!
⭐️ ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️Tried it and just loved it? Leave me a rating! I would love to hear how it turned out for you! Or even snap a photo and tag me on Instagram @feedingyourfam or #feedingyourfam so I can see what you made!
Fresh Peach Cobbler Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter unsalted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups yellow peaches sliced (about 4 peaches)
- Preheat oven to 375º F
- In an oven safe skillet (see notes) over medium heat, melt the butter
- Add in the sugar and stir until combined
- Pour in the milk and vanilla, stir to combine. Remove from the heat
- Add in the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Stir until a batter is formed and well combined.
- Slice the peaches and place all over the top of the batter.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, until golden brown on top
- This recipe can be made right in a 12 inch cast iron skillet
- If you don’t have an oven safe skillet, the batter can be made in a saucepan and then poured into a greased 9 x 13 inch pan before layering on the peaches and baking.
- yellow peaches work best for baking
Fresh Peach Cobbler is so easy to make and is perfect for a quick and delicious dessert. Peach cobbler starts with a cake like batter then fresh peaches are layered on top and baked right into the cake to make a sweet and delicious treat.