Got Zucchini? This Oven Fried Zucchini is so easy to make, just takes a few ingredients and has a delicious parmesan crust on the outside. Fried Zucchini Rounds are the perfect side dish, appetizer or simple snack.
Don’t wait until you have garden fresh zucchini to make this recipe, because it is great all year round. The rounds are so easy to make with store bought zucchini as well. We love to make up a batch of these for a quick and healthy snack any day of the week.
These are best eaten while they are fresh from the oven when they are super crispy and the cheese is melty and crunchy.
Ingredients for Oven Baked Zucchini Rounds
This crispy oven baked zucchini recipe only takes a few ingredients and these are things you most likely already have in your home. For this recipe you will need the following:
- zucchini– this recipe is best made with medium sized zucchini. If you only have the large zucchini from your garden, slice the zucchini in half and remove the seeds, then slice the zucchini into half inch slices. The rounds will be more like moon slivers, but can still turn out delicious.
- plain bread crumbs
- Italian Seasoning
- garlic salt
- black pepper
- grated parmesan cheese
How to make Crisp Oven Zucchini Rounds
First, start by slicing the zucchini into 1/2 inch rounds.
In a shallow bowl, beat the two eggs until the yolk is broken and the eggs are bubbly.
In a second bowl, combine together the bread crumbs, Italian seasoning, garlic salt, black pepper and parmesan cheese.
Dip the zucchini rounds into the egg first and then into the breadcrumb mixture. Place onto a greased baking sheet in a single layer.
Continue dipping and placing onto the baking sheet until all the rounds are covered on both sides with the breadcrumb mixture.
You can do more than one round at a time to speed up the process. Place 4-5 rounds into the egg mixture and then lift to let excess egg drip off and toss in the breadcrumb mixture.
Just before placing the zucchini into the oven, spray the top of the zucchini on the pan with cooking spray.
Cook the breaded zucchini in a 425º F oven for about 15 minutes. To make the zucchini crispy on both sides, about halfway through the baking time, flip the zucchini rounds over on the pan. I find it is easiest to take the pan out of the oven then use a spatula to flip a few at a time.
These crisp oven fried zucchini rounds are best eaten right after they are made. The zucchini tends to make the breadcrumbs soggy if they are left out to cool or kept in the refrigerator after baking.
Can I freeze Oven Baked Zucchini?
To freeze oven baked zucchini, bake just a few minutes less so that it is not fully golden brown yet. Place into a freezer zip top bag, layering with pieces of parchment between the layers.
Freeze for up to 3 months. To reheat, place on a greased baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes, flipping halfway.
Crisp Oven Fried Zucchini Recipe
If you are looking for other Family Friendly meals or desserts follow along with me on YouTube or Facebook where I share simple recipes to help you with Feeding Your Fam! Make sure to subscribe so you will be notified each time I post a new video!
⭐️ ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️Tried it and just loved it? Leave me a rating! I would love to hear how it turned out for you! Or even snap a photo and tag me on Instagram @feedingyourfam or #feedingyourfam so I can see what you made!
Crisp Oven Fried Zucchini
- 3-4 medium zucchini
- 1 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 2 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 425º F and prepare a baking sheet by spraying with cooking spray.
- Wash the zucchini and slice into 1/2 inch slices.
- In one shallow bowl beat the eggs. In another bowl combine the breadcrumbs, Italian seasoning, garlic salt, black pepper and parmesan cheese.
- Dip the zucchini rounds into the egg, then lift to let any excess drip off back into the bowl.
- Next, place the zucchini into the breadcrumb mixture and coat all sides.
- Place the breaded rounds onto the greased baking sheet and spray the tops with cooking spray.
- Bake for 6-7 minutes, take out of the oven and flip the zucchini rounds to the other side and bake for an additional 6-7 minutes until golden brown.
- This is best eaten fresh from the oven
- To make a simple dipping sauce. Place one cup cherry tomatoes in a saucepan over medium high heat with one teaspoon of olive oil. Cook and stir until the tomatoes begin to wilt and pop. Add in one teaspoon of minced garlic. Salt and pepper to taste. Use a fork or potato masher to squish the tomatoes into a more sauce like consistency. Add in one tablespoon chopped basil.
Make a simple Tomato Basil Dipping Sauce
To make a simple dipping sauce. Place one cup cherry tomatoes in a saucepan over medium high heat with one teaspoon of olive oil. Cook and stir until the tomatoes begin to wilt and pop. Add in one teaspoon of minced garlic. Salt and pepper to taste. Use a fork or potato masher to squish the tomatoes into a more sauce like consistency. Add in one tablespoon chopped basil.