White Chocolate Coconut Cookies are soon to become your new favorite cookie. Loaded with coconut, oatmeal, and white chocolate chips every bite is a delicious treat!
Ingredients for White Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Butter: make sure your butter is softened to room temperature. I prefer to use unsalted butter when making cookies, just so I don’t have to make any adjustments for the salt.
- Brown Sugar: packed tightly into the measuring cup when measuring to make sure you have the right amount
- Vanilla: always use pure vanilla when you can, imitation vanilla really doesn’t add enough flavor
- Eggs: they are best if at room temperature before mixing into the batter
- Baking Soda
- Oatmeal: regular oats, not quick
- Sweetened Coconut Flakes
- White Chocolate Chips
How to make White Chocolate Chip Cookies
In a medium sized mixing bowl combine the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, salt, coconut and oatmeal). Whisk together until well combined.
Cream together softened butter and sugars. This can be done in the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, or with an electric hand mixer. Mix until they are well combined, don’t over mix.
Add in the eggs one at a time and mix after each egg. Pour in the vanilla and mix.
Add the dry ingredients to the bowl with the eggs and sugar mixture. Turn on the mixer and mix for 1-2 minutes, until everything is well mixed. Add the chocolate chips and mix again until combined.
Scoop the cookie dough onto a parchment lined baking sheet evenly apart. Bake in a 350ºF oven for 10-12 minutes, until edges are golden brown and cookie is cooked through. Remove from the oven and place on a cooling rack to cool before serving or storing.
How to store cookies
These cookies need to be stored in an air tight container in a dry area. Cookies usually stay fresh tasting for up to 3 days after baking.
You can also freeze baked cookies in an air tight container for up to 3 months.
Can I make these cookies ahead?
You can make the dough ahead and freeze in individual balls in the freezer. Then, when you are ready to bake, remove from the freezer and place on a baking sheet and cook according to recipe instructions.
White Chocolate Coconut Cookies
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 1 1/2 cup shredded coconut, sweetened
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 11.5 oz white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Prepare a baking sheet with baking sheet by lining with parchment paper.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda, oatmeal and coconut until well combined.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer cream together the butter and sugars. Add in the eggs one at a time, mixing in between. Pour in the vanilla and mix.
- Add the dry ingredients to the mixing bowl with the creamed mixture and mix until combined.
- Add the white chocolate chips and stir.
- Scoop the cookie dough onto prepared baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes, until golden brown on the bottom edges and cooked through. Remove from the oven and cool on a cooling rack.
- This recipe can be done by hand or with an electric hand mixer if you do not have a stand mixer.
- If you don't have parchment paper, the cookie dough can be placed directly onto the baking sheet.